Thirty Three.

Xavier Alaric DeSantio

'XAVIER! KYLE!' My head whipped to the source of the scream. Everything around me paused, time ceased to exist as I looked at her. She was a fucking mess and I was enraged by what they did to her. She was just in some lose men shorts and her sports bra, exposing most of her skin. The skin that was filled with bruises. There was not a single part of her exposed area that did not have a brand. Her skin was pale and she looked weak, like she hadn't eaten or drunk anything for days. Yet, she still had a smile on her face. A powerful smile reminding me that she is the queen. The queen of this empire and of my heart.

Kyle and I rushed towards her, not giving a fuck about the people around her. I just wanted her safe. She did not deserve this. I was inches away from her when Marcello's guy stood up, stopping me.

'Not so fast Mr. DeSantio.' I growled and locked eyes with Mason, who was standing behind Felicity and those motherfuckers. He gave me a single nod, and I shot the guy standing in front of me between the eyes. Mason and Kyle taking care of the rest. Felicity looked behind her to see the fall of bodies at her feet and smiled at Mason standing with guns in his hand. The three of us walked towards her with relief on our faces, but it all happened too fast.

As her eyes closed, her fragile body fell in my arms, lifeless. Kyle removed his black shirt fitting her in with panic on his face as he began to shake her. I was too dazed to do anything.

'She can't die.' I looked at the both of them while clenching my jaw. 'She was supposed to hurt me for what I did to her. She was supposed to punch me repeatedly for my actions. I was supposed to apologize to her. She can not fucking die.' I shook my head. Mason looked away and talked to someone on his phone, and Kyle just stared at her.

'Marcello is going to come here any minute; we need to leave. Xavier she needs medical assistance, get up.' I groaned, picking her up, and carrying her to my car. Gently placing her, I picked up my phone arranging medics for her, while keeping my eyes at my men behind me. Satisfied with their positions, I sped out of the Alexander Mansion with my force behind me. Just as we left, Marcello Alexander entered the scene, his eyes wide. I swerved my car in his direction, going past him. With one hand on the wheel, I used my other hand to flip him off, and shot aimlessly at him. I doubt any of the bullets would be enough to kill him, but seeing him flinch at my actions gave me another type of satisfaction. I took a u-turn, speeding down the street and taking back my place in the train of cars.

'Are you fucking okay in the head Xavier?!'

'Nope.' Kyle sighed on the other line. I briefly glanced at the angel with a devil face, sitting beside me.

I was not supposed to like her in that way, but I did. I pushed her away for 4 years, yet my mind still wondered back to her. The way she tried to end Theodore while I watched every single move of hers like a creep. The vile look on her face when she looked at her target, or someone tried to touch her. The way she got slapped by her father in front of a crowd for killing his own man, while she didn't move an inch. The time I tried to kill her but I just couldn't. I knew it all. However, I pushed her away as it was the best for the both of us.

The mansion came in view and I blared the horn of my Mercedes to announce my presence. I pressed on the brakes and quickly got out, going to her side.

'Oh my. Dear, what happened?' Mary gasped from beside me

'Send the medics to my- to the guestroom next to my room.' She nodded and disappeared in the opposite direction. I kicked open the bedroom door and gently laid her down, stroking her messy hair. The medics surrounded us not even a second later. The male doctor came close to what I assume inspect her wounds, but when he tried touching them, I lost it.

'Don't fucking dare to touch her.' The doctors and nurses widened their eyes as I pointed my handgun at the male doctor.

'Mr. DeSantio I need to inspect her wounds to see how deep they are and what treatment they need.'

'She can do that,' I nodded towards the female doctor who was about to crumble in fear. After a few words amongst their staff, she came forward and went through Felicity's weak body.

'I need all the gentlemen here to leave.' I raised a perfect eyebrow at her. 'We need to undress and clean her up for the treatment, sir.'

'Stay with them.' I commanded Mary and left the room. Walking towards my office, I sat down on my chair, letting out a deafeted sigh.

'What did the doctors say?' Kyle and Mason walked in, looking exhausted as fuck.

'They're checking her up.' I shrugged. 'Where is Theo?'

'Last time I talked to him was when-,'

'DID YOU GET HER?' Theo screamed, throwing the doors open entering with a worried Elijah. Kyle almost fell out of his chair at Theo's outburst while Mason and I groaned.

'We did.' He sighed in satisfaction. Minutes, or maybe even hours, passed as we sat in silence waiting for any news.

'The plan was a success, by the way.' Theo spoke up and I urged him to continue. 'We managed to destroy 2 of his main ports of shipments using bombs and all. We attacked both places at the same time, successfully creating chaos. The only problem was that Marcello made his appearance at Port B.'

'Wasn't he supposed to come at Port A, the main one?' Kyle questioned.

'Yeah, well, he ended up going to the other one. We reached the second port a little late because when we reached there, Marcello already left for you guys. Hence, the reason why I did not get a chance to kill him, and the reason why we lost 10 of our men.' Not in the mood to speak, I gave him a simple not of appreciation.

Every single one of my men worked really hard for this operation. Theodore made the plan of diverting Marcello's attention to something else such as his weapons port. Using Kyle's help, he got the information on the various ports owned by Marcello. After finding a few places, we settled on striking the ones that would create major damage. Mason trained my men and made sure the plan was clear, creating a backup plan for them as well. Whereas for me, I was busy setting up explosives inside Marcello Alexander's house and sending my men to kill his men in Italy. The moment I took a u turn, the Marcello mansion blew up in flames. It was the reason why Kyle was calling me crazy; he wasn't wrong.

'Mr. DeSantio?' I brought my eyes up to see Mary and the lady doctor walk in. The four of us jolted and sat straight in our seats.

'What's the news doc?' A long torturous pause.

'Well, she's alive but not for long.'