Ten.

Xavier DeSantio

She ran away without even waiting to catch her breath, and without replying to me with a sarcastic comment from that pretty little mouth of hers. What did I do?

'What the fuck did you do to her Xavier?' I expected that to come from Mason, but it was Kyle who was standing in front of me, fuming. When I did not answer, he continued, 'I asked you a fucking question.'

'I didn't do shit,' I spoke in a low tone looking keeping my gaze on his.

'Oh yea sure that explains why she was having a fucking panic attack and was on the verge of crying. What the fuck is your problem Xavier? We all are equally frustrated as you are, we care about this mafia as much as you do. That woman is trying to help us by putting her life in danger, and this is what you do to her? You assault her?'

'I did not fucking assault her.'

'Yeah okay cool and I never killed a man in my life. Apologize to her and stay the fuck away from her.' He gave me one last glance and slammed my office door shut with so much force, I thought it was about to break.

Sighing Mason turned towards me, 'What did you do dude?'

'She was being disrespectful and I taught her a lesson.'

'By doing what exactly?'

'By choking her,' in a second, Mason was in front of me. His pupils dilated and staring right into my eyes.

'You what?'

'I blocked her air supply enough to make her understand that she needs to respect me and also making sure she didn't die,' with that being said, Mason punched me square in the jaw and I staggered back.

'We had one rule coglione and that was to respect women and never touch them until they've done some extreme shit like breaking omertia, do you remember? Well if you don't, then I just reminded you. You know who you're behaving like? Your father.' I brought my gaze up to his and stared at him. A part of me knew that he wasn't wrong and what I did to Felicity was wrong as well, hence I had no words to say to him. 'We knew that she was abused by her father, yet you continued to do this. Keep your anger in control coglione, it will ruin you one day. Get some rest and apologize to her while you're at it.' He walked out leaving me with my thoughts. I despised being compared to my father. He was an abusive dickhead who thought about nothing but himself. Clearing my thoughts about my father, I thought about Felicity instead. Felicity. Woman has been driving me and my hormones crazy since the minute she fucking stepped into my office that day asking for her weapons. I trust her, I really do but I can't show that to her. I'm also aware that she would never do anything that would ruin the mission, yet I dont know why I did that to her. I really need to keep my anger in control.

'Fuck,' I whispered to myself while running a fustrating hand on my face. I took out my burner phone and dialed the only person who could guide me through the mess I successfully created. I waited for the other line to pick up while walking to my bedroom.

'XAVIER ALARIC DESANTIO,' I quickly removed my phone from my ear and placed it a good distance away from me. 'HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU NOT TO DISAPPEAR INTO THIN FUCKING AIR. DO YOU REALIZE HOW WORRIED I WAS? DO YOU REALIZE HOW WORRIED YOUR SIBLINGS WERE, WHEN THEY DIDN'T GET ANY UPDATE ON THEIR BROTHER FOR A FUCKING MONTH? DAMMIT FIGLIO I THOUGHT YOU FUCKING-' I heard her take a deep breath and I took that as my chance to speak.

'Hello bellissima.'

(bellissima=beautiful)

'Oh no your sweet talks wont work ragazzo. Where the fuck were you? You didn't even have time to reply to your mother's texts.'

(ragazzo=boy)

'Mom there's a lot going on right now,' I sighed not knowing where to start and how much to tell her. I wanted to tell her everything, but didn't want her to get worried for me at the same time.

'What's wrong figlio? You know you can tell me everything right?'

'Yea I know. I kidnapped Felicity Alexander and-'

'Wait, you kidnapped Marcello Alexander's daughter? The girl you told me about like-,' I groaned at the extra information.

'Yes mother her. I kidnapped her 3 days after she ran away from her father's, and she has been living at my place for a month now. A few weeks back, I found out that some people were stealing my shipments, three of them to be exact. Mason told her about it, and she filled us in on how and why she thinks that it could be her father behind it. Anyways, we got a lead to the stronzo after our stuff, and I asked Felicity if she would help us get him to us. She agreed, everything was fine until she- I mean I decided to misbehave-,'

(stronzo=asshole)

'What did you do ragazzo?' the other line asked in a low dangerous voice.

'Mom, I don't know why but I just did it and I know it's wrong-'

'What.Did.You.Do?' she asked, emphasizing on every word.

'L'ho quasi soffocata a morte perché mi ha interrotto mentre parlava.'

(I almost choked her to death because she interrupted me while talking.)

'XAVIER ALARIC DESANTIO! IS THIS HOW I RAISED YOU? TO LAY A HAND ON A WOMEN THAT DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING? AND I'M SO SURE SHE DID NOT JUST INTERRUPT YOU FOR NO REASON. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF SOMEONE DID THAT TO YOUR SISTER OR TO ME? EXACTLY, SO RAGAZZO THINK ABOUT A MILLION TIMES BEFORE YOU TAKE YOUR EXASPERATION OUT ON SOMEONE ELSE.' I know this would piss her off because she was abused by my father the same way Felicity was and she knows how it feels.

'I know mom trust me I fucking know what I did was wrong, and I know I did it because I indirectly blamed her for all this and I saw her as a way to take my frustration out; but I don't know how to fix this. You know I don't just apologize to anyone-'

'First of all ragazzo, she is not just 'anyone' you are well aware of what she means to you, and I know that you like her so don't try to talk me out of this. Also, she did not ask you to kidnap her and give her a place in your home, that was your fucking decision so don't you dare blame it on her. Give her some space, let the mission go by, and apologize to her. You will apologize to her even if you're on your deathbed, you will fucking apologize to her ragazzo. Am I clear?'

'Yes.'

'Good. When are you coming to visit us? We miss you Xavier.'

'I do too, but there's a lot going on. I don't have time at all. How's the business going? And the two idiots, how are they?'

'Business is going great because duh I'm the CEO. The 'idiots' miss you a lot, specially Aless she asks about you everyday before going to sleep. Eli misses you too, but he doesn't show it much, boys.'

'I miss them a lot too,' I say yawning.

'For how long haven't you slept properly Alaric?'

'Uh, almost 3 days I guess.'

'XAVIER ALARIC DESANTIO-'

'MOM NO NOT AGAIN. I'm almost 25 and I do not need you screaming at me for not sleeping. I'm okay mom don't worry. I'm going to talk to you later okay?'

'Okay. I love you, take care of yourself and I swear to fucking god ragazzo if you don't make it up to Felicity I will come to the States and beat the fuck out of you.'

'Understood. Bye,' with that I closed my phone and sleept with guilt surrounding me.