Twenty Five.

We have been in this place for more than a hour, and the uneasiness in my stomach is growing stronger as every minute is passing by. Theo had informed us about 30 minutes ago that he was in position and ready to shoot at any time.

'What's our plan? We just sit and wait?' I ask while keeping an eye on our target. Luca, my dear father's trusted man, has done nothing but smirked at me from time to time. Although it was from a distance, the message behind it was crystal clear.

'You see that woman there,' Mason asked pointing towards a beautiful blonde lady holding a microphone. I gave him a subtle nod. 'In a few minutes she'll give a short speech about the event and its history. During the speech, everyone will be seated and calm, giving Theo a clear aim of our target.'

'That's when the action begins,' I completed as they nodded in response.

'The only sad part is that we won't get any food.'

'Kyle....,' Xavier and Mason groaned at the same time.

'Jeez, chill guys,' Kyle raised his hands in surrender.

'Didn't you eat before coming?'

'That was just the appetizer,' he shrugged nonchalantly. I looked at him in disbelief. He ate a whole bowl of pasta as a fucking appetizer. The lights dimmed and the spotlight was now on the stage, indicating that the speech was about to start.

'Theodore, position?'

'All clear. No wait. He's taking a seat 2 rows ahead of you, let him settle down.' Theo's voice rang in our earpieces. 'I'm ready, I have a clear shot of him.'

'Noted.' A few minutes later, the blonde lady walked up to the stage, standing in the center with a mic in her hand. The lights were completely out now, with only searchlights that were focused on the stage.

'Ladies and Gentlemen, I welcome you all to yet another successful Mafia Event!' The crowd burst into a round of applause. 'Damn, 23 years-,'

'Theo, now.' Xavier spoke lowly in the earpiece waiting for the bullet to whiz by, the pool of blood and the screams. But it never came, none of it. The blonde was still talking calmly in the microphone, and yet again everyone clapped at something she said. 'Theodore? Fucking hell, Theo reply.' After a few minutes, I spoke up.

'Do you think he...,' I looked at them with wide eyes.

'No. He would never do that.'

'Theodore fucking Ricci,' Xavier practically screamed in his earpiece.

'SHUT THE FUCK UP XAVIER. SHUT UP, I'M HERE.' I flinched at his tone. Xavier's pupils dilated and he stared at his lap. Before he could go off on Theo, Mason calmly spoke in his receiver.

'Theodore, what's going on?' Silence. After a long 5 minutes of silence, Theo grumbled under his breath and replied.

'4 snipers. 4 fucking snipers. 2 aimed at Xavier, and 2 aimed at Felicity.' My heart dropped. 'If I pull the trigger, they won't hesitate on pulling theirs. They're in a hidden place above you. Don't look up. I can't get a clear shot of them, even if I do, I can't take all of them down. One wrong move, and we'll get your dead bodies instead.'

'Any plans?' I breathed out.

'Listen, we came a long way for this day, and we're surely not backing out now. I have a plan, it's risky but it will work out just fine. Xavier and Felicity, both of you will get up from your seats and go somewhere in opposite directions. Anywhere; go to the bathroom, take a drink, or dance in the middle of the hall, doesn't fucking matter. Just don't stand in one place for more than 10 seconds. It takes approximately 10 seconds to get a clear, steady shot of your target. In those 10 seconds, while the snipers are readjusting on you, I'll take my shot and wherever you are, you'll instantly take cover. Mason and Kyle you too will hide after the shot. After that, we continue with our previous plan. I'm not the best at explaining, but I hope you got the main idea.' When no one replied he continued, 'Xavier, this is the only plan we have now. Either we follow it or we back out like cowards. The DeSantios never do that.'