1.1 | in her eyes

[tw: self-harm]

ayame stood in front of her mirror, lifting her shirt up and observing her stomach. if other people looked at her, they'd think she has the perfect body but in ayame's eyes, she was overweight and not skinny.

she sighed, pulling her shirt down and then stared at herself in the mirror. she went closer, observing her face, "eye bags..dry skin..my lips are chapped..my glands are swollen.."

ayame slowly began pointing out everything wrong about herself unconsciously, "not skinny, not pretty, i'm tall, my skin is darker than others, i don't have a flat stomach, my hair is falling out"

due to her eating disorder, ayame had began hair loss. it wasn't too noticeable at the moment but she knew as she got older and if she continued purging and throwing up, she would do more damage to her hair and body in general.

"why couldn't i be born pretty..why couldn't i just..." tears pooled into her eyes as she dropped to the floor, not wanting to see how she looked like anymore.

the girl scrambled herself off of the floor and stood up. she walked over to her desk, opening her draw and grabbing something out. she opened the pack of razor blades, quickly grabbing one out of it.

tears kept coming out of her eyes as she placed the razor on her skin, cutting herself. blood flowed out of her wrist, her hands and legs trembling, "why..why..why.." she cried

"yah ayame" riki knocked on her door, not knowing what she was doing on the inside, "let's go. we're going to be late for school" there was no response and riki was confused, "ayame?" he tried to open her door but it was locked, "yah!" he began yelling, becoming worried for the girl as she never had her door locked.

just as he was about to jam open the door, he heard it unlock. the door opened, revealing his sister, "yes riki?"

"a-are you okay??" he spoke, checking on her

"yes, why wouldn't i be?" she chuckled lightly

"you made me worried! you never have your door locked" riki wrapped his arms around her, hugging her waist tightly

ayame sadly smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, unknowingly getting blood on his blazer

。・゚゚・  ・゚゚・。

"that was so stupid ayame" she muttered to herself, staring down at her lap, fiddling with her fingers.

yes, ayame did cut herself earlier but once she heard the knock and riki's voice, she came to her senses. she panicked and began thinking of everything riki went through when she first did it. after that revelation, she hid the razor in her drawer and grabbed a cloth to cover the slit on her wrist. then she put on the uniform blazer, to cover it more but without realizing it had leaked through the cloth and her blazer and onto riki's blazer.

ayame was much more paranoid that day.

what if they see the blood? what if people find out what happened? what if riki finds out?

those things were unlikely to happen but she kept overthinking the situation and thinking for the worst.

"hey ayame" the girl quickly looked up only to met with another classmate in her class. the girl's name was kim seori

"uh yes?" ayame responded, confused because she never talked to her before

"i have cleaning duty afterschool, can you take my part?" seori asked, a fake sweet smile on her face

ayame shook her head, "i can't do it. sorry"

"come on! i'm busy afterschool. you don't even do anything. what could you possibly do?" she scoffed, crossing her arms

"my own things. now please leave" ayame spoke, bending down to go into her bag but seori instead grabbed her arm and ayame flinched from it due to that fact that she was holding onto where her cut was, "l-let go of me"

"why can't you ju-"

"seori" a hand intersected there's, placing their hand on seori's. ayame looked and noticed it was jungwon.

seori looked at the boy confused of what he was doing. jungwon softly took seori's hand off of ayame's wrist and he then stood in front of her, covering her, "let's not grab each other's wrist okay? ayame said she can't do it so she can't. don't pressure her, alright?" jungwon spoke as nicely as possible

seori wanted to fight with him but his smile made it impossible and he was being nice so she just nodded, "fine" she rolled her eyes, walking away from them to go ask someone else to cover for her.

jungwon turned around and looked at ayame, "are you okay?"

she nodded, "thank you.." she turned her attention towards her lap again, feeling awkward

"hey" jungwon lightly tapped her shoulder, "i told you not to be awkward around me. we're friends remember?"

"yah i'm sorry" she apologized, rubbing the back of her neck, "i'm just new to this friend thing i guess"

"just be yourself" he responded, a small grin on his face, "you'll get used to it the more we hang out and talk, alright? just tell me if i do anything uncomfortable or something out of line" the girl nodded again before jungwon smiled, walking over to his seat