1.2 | uncomfortable

their class was currently in physical education. they started off with a few warmups before the coach decided to let them run 2 laps around the track; they had to run, no walking. if they got caught walking, they would be punished.

everyone began running at the sound of the whistle, all students running. it was about 85 degrees [fahrenheit] and they were all in their pe uniforms and it was hot.

while a majority of the students were doing fine, ayame was not. due to her barely eating, being underweight for her height and age and it being hot, she was going to pass out and just throw up.

ayame was one of the few in the back with her hair tied up and she was jogging, not wanting to exert herself since she was on the verge of fainting.

two girls who were on their 2nd lap while ayame was still on her first were coming to pass ayame. the two looked at each other before they sprinted past her, brushing their shoulders against hers and one of them tripping the girl.

ayame fell down, landing on her knees. she looked up at the two girls who continued to run, throwing a small smirk towards the girl on the floor.

ayame gritted her teeth before standing up, dusting herself off of dust, "bitches.." she muttered under her breath as she began walking and was about to start jogging again but was interrupted

"ayame!" the coach called out for her making her sigh, knowing she just got caught for not running. ayame stopped in place, "come over here"

ayame walked back over to the coach, wanting to just die at that moment. she stood in front of the coach, her hands folded in front of her, "yes?"

"why'd you stop running?"

"because i-" she was going to say something about the girls but she knew that the coach wasn't going to believe her, "i fell down myself and i got tired"

"you're one of the slowest runners, you realize that? everyone is basically done and you're still on your first lap" he scolded her and ayame just nodded, "you're sitting out for the games and afterwards, you're picking up everything left out here, got it?" she hummed, annoyed, "words nishimura ayame!"

"yes" she responded in a low voice

"good-yah! yang jungwon!" the coach suddenly yelled. ayame raised an eyebrow and looked at where the coach was looking only to see the boy walking with his hands shoved in the pockets of the sweatpants used for pe.

'jungwon's a good kid..why is he walking?' ayame thought to herself

"come here" the coach pointed towards himself and jungwon nodded, walking over to him, standing next to ayame.

ayame looked at his side profile but jungwon didn't look at her. there wasn't a drop of sweat on his face and he wasn't breathing heavily so why'd he stop?

the coach explained to him what he said to ayame and the boy just nodded, understanding him, "go sit"

the two went over to the bleachers, sitting down as they watched the other students play various games.

"are you okay?" jungwon asked, noticing that ayame was still breathing heavily and had sweat on her neck and her forehead. her cheeks were also very red.

"uh huh.." she responded, knowing damn well she didn't feel fine at all and was on the cusp of just dying for real this time.

jungwon moved the end of the sweater past his hands and placed his hand near her forehead. she leaned back at then looked at him, "can i..touch you?"

she opened her mouth to speak but had no words to say. slowly, she nodded as jungwon began patting her forehead lightly, in attempt to get rid of the sweat on her forehead