1.8 | liking someone

the two sat next to each other on the bleachers, looking at the field. while jungwon was happily eating lunch, ayame was a nervous wreck beside him

'i can't like him..there's no way..i've never liked someone. why do i feel like this?' her thoughts were flooded with multiple things.

ayame was in denial right now, trying to get the thought of liking someone out of her mind.

so she did the most reasonable thing anyone would do

"jungwon have you ever liked someone before?" she asked him then mentally slapped herself for asking that

he choked on his food and she widened her eyes, patting his back, "you okay??" she quickly gave him her water bottle which he gladly took and drank it.

he cleared his throat once more as he gave her the water bottle back and was done choking, "sorry. what did you ask?"

"i don't know if i wanna ask again" the boy just chuckled lightly, asking her to repeat the question, "have you ever liked someone before?"

he nodded, "i have. i'm sure everyone has had a crush at one point in their life"

"uh sure" she responded, nervously laughing, "how do you feel when you like someone? like how do you feel around them?"

jungwon didn't hesitate to answer, "i feel nervous around them but at the same time i feel excited. i look forward to talking to them all the time and i get excited when i see their notification pop up on my phone. my heart races around them. they make me happy and to be honest, i get jealous when they're around other people"

ayame stared at him in shock. how the fuck did he manage to say everything that the internet did?

"why do you ask though?"

she snapped out of her thoughts and tried to lie, "uh. just curious?"

"ooo..does ayame like someone?" he teased her, "who is it?"

"i don't like anyone" she scoffed, "i have too much on my plate to even deal with feelings"

"just because you can't deal with them doesn't mean you can't have feelings" he teased her, "it's not bad if you have feelings you know"

"do you like someone right now?" ayame then asked

jungwon stayed silent, slowly becoming red at her question, "uh maybe?"

"ooo..who is it?" she looked at him, a small smile on her face

"that's a secret for another day" he chuckled, looking away from her

ayame just shook her head, biting her lip from nervousness. who was it? who was jungwon's crush? why was she so curious about it?

"hey ayame" he then called out for her. she hmmed in response, now looking at him, "i have a friend who's an artist. he goes to college though and he's being part of an art contest. would you be able to make it?"

despite ayame wanting to say 'yes' and go with him, she couldn't. not only did she have work but she didn't want to leave riki.

she could try and call off work and give them an excuse as to why she can't go in but even then, she would rather go home and be with riki than risk having the same incident happen when she went shopping with jungwon. 

"i can't go..i'm sorry" she responded

"aw, okay" he spoke, "oh! right. you're busy these weeks, i completely forgot. i'm sorry"

"no worries. i don't expect you to memorize my schedule" she chuckled lightly before switching the topic, "so..we're meeting up tomorrow for the project right?"