3.3 | kiss in the rain

"do your job right!" someone shouted at ayame and she flinched at the noise, "being lazy and just talking to a friend while we do all the work?"

the cafe had just closed and it was 9 pm now and of course, ayame just had to be yelled at like always

"you guys always do it" ayame defended herself, "so why can't i?"

"why do you think so? you're the worst worker out of all of us so why would you talk to a friend? i don't even know why you would have friends? don't they know you're a suicidal bitch? don't they know all the scars you have on your arms? your legs? your heart?"

the last thing he said really got to her. she never thought about how many scars are on her heart from the pain she's been given.

"have you tried killing yourself again?" her co-worker asked her, "i think you need to try harder"

ayame looked away, fighting the tears that wanted to come out.

the guy rolled his eyes before gripping her face in his hands and forcing her to look at him, "look at me"

ayame didn't like this skin touching at all. she's had too many experiences like this with her father.

"stop it.." she muttered but his grip on her cheeks tightened, "stop it!" she screamed once more before slapping him across the face which cause him to move his hands away from her, "don't fucking touch me.." she muttered, touching her cheek.

"yah!" he shouted at her again and she leaned against the counter.

he raised his hand at her and she blocked her face, expecting a hit on her hands but instead heard another voice

"yah!"

ayame looked out of her hands and saw a hand holding her coworkers wrist. she looked over and saw jungwon.

"jungwon..?" she questioned, obviously confused of where the boy even came from

"who is this?" her coworker asked the girl

"i-i-"

"im her friend" jungwon spoke, letting go of the boy's hand

"she has another friend?" he chuckled, not believing it

"yah she does. i think you need some" jungwon crossed his arms and ayame tried to hold back her laugh while the coworker looked at the younger boy with an annoyed look

"you got some nerve kid" he scoffed

"you got some nerve for even hurting her in the first place. weren't you taught to not touch a girl?" jungwon questioned him

"enough" ayame stopped the two before it went even further also it was obvious that if the two got in a fight, jungwon would lose.

she looked at her coworker again, "don't touch me next time, alright?" she took off her apron and gave it to him, "you clean up this time"

ayame walked around the counter before going into the back room and grabbing her school bag. she went outside and went to jungwon, "let's go"

she grabbed his wrist and dragged him outside before she let go of him. she didn't look at the boy and instead just walked down the sidewalk away from him

"wait! ayame!" he yelled and caught up to her, "are you okay? did he hurt you more?"

she stopped in her spot, looking down at the ground

"are-" jungwon stopped talking when he heard sniffles coming from here, "ayame, are you crying?"

ayame looked up at the boy and her eyes were red with tears beginning to pool