3.6 | just a matter of time

[tw: self-harm]

"why..why..why" ayame stared at herself in the mirror, "why can't i be pretty? why can't i be more skinny? why can't i be..someone for him to like"

ayame had never acted like this before.

well, she has always been insecure of how she looks and she had done this before.

but never over a guy.

never over a boy.

so why was jungwon so different?

a boy should never cause her to be like this yet it was

"it's all my fault.." she mumbled, "i-i shouldn't have thought he would like me also..why would he..i-i'm just..not likable..why can't i be.."

she looked at herself in the mirror, her eye bags were horrible, her hair was continuing to fall out due to her eating disorder, and she was skinny but not the good and healthy skinny.

"i hate myself" she told herself. she hated staring at herself in the mirror because it makes her point out her insecurity even more.

she looked down at the floor, her fists clenching together and her brittle nails digging into her skin. she looked back at the mirror before grabbing the mirror off of her wall and slamming it against the floor, the glass cracking immediately.

she bent down, grabbing a piece of the shard with a shaky hand and she tightened her grip around it, the glass now cutting her skin.

with a shaky hand, she put the glass to her neck, tears streaming down her face.

"hey ayame wha-"

riki opened the door and he immediately froze at the sight of his sister about to attempt suicide once again.

"ayame.." he stammered, "p-please don't do this"

"r-riki.." she mumbled, keeping the glass to her neck with tears just continuously falling "w-why.."

"why what ayame?" riki was trying to help her and deflect the topic

"why must we live this life..? w-why..can't i just kill myself and end it all..my pain, my suffering..my life.."

"ayame you can't..there's so much more to live for"

"live for what?!" she shouted, tears coming out as riki flinched at her voice level, "i hate our father! he abuses us! we have no mother! we suffer everyday! im fighting so much for us riki but i-i just can't anymore! i'm depressed, i can't sleep every night, im anxious at everything. i physically can not live any longer"

"ayame please..y-you can't" he inched closer to her until he was in front of her, scared of the sight, "please..let go" he could see the blood dripping from her hand.

he slowly reached his hand for her wrist, wrapping it around her wrist softly and bringing it down, "l-let go.."

"w-why can't you let me die..why.."

"be-"

"why doesn't he like me riki" she finally let out and riki looked at her confused but still scared due to the fact that the glass was clenched in her hand

"who..doesn't like you?"

"jungwon..i like him so much but he d-doesn't feel the same as me" she sniffled, knowing she was so stupid for even crying over this

"did something happen between you?" he spoke, eyeing the glass shard

"he just doesn't like me..which i understand but why does it hurt so much" ayame spoke before her hand let go of the glass and it fell to the floor.

riki let out a sigh of relief before bringing his sister in for hug, "ayame.." was all he could say

"i-i'm so sorry riki..i don't deserve you. i wish you had a better life than this"

"it's not your fault ayame...let's just get you bandaged up okay?"

riki led her outside her room, closing the door and now the boy was getting more worried

ayame was having more depressive episodes and she was becoming more and more depressed by the day.

it was only a matter of time before riki couldn't save her.

and ayame wouldn't make it out alive this time.