5.2 | "i can't do it anymore"

for the past few days after the whole letter, jungwon was still silent and not doing well at all.

he was doing worst than before.

he never responded to anyone. not jay, not sunoo, not hyunjin, no one.

riki had been staying over with hyunjin and her parents who gladly allowed the boy to stay over after knowing what he had gone through.

neither boys had gone to school though, still dealing with the heartbreak and trauma from the incident.

hyunjin was doing homework at her desk when she got a notification.

she looked at the notification and grinned, seeing the name 'jungwon' pop up.

she was relieved before she picked up her phone and her smile dropped at his message

JUNGWON:
i'm sorry hyunjin.
i can't do it anymore.

HYUNJIN:
jungwon what are you
talking about?
seen
yah! what's going on?!
seen

hyunjin didn't know what to do except quickly rush out of her room and into the guest room where riki was staying.

"let's go"

riki was sitting on the bed, confused at the seemingly anxious and worried girl, "w-what's wrong?"

"i don't know but i'm worried for jungwon. let's go"

the two wasted no time in quickly dashing out of the room and out of the house only to catch a bus on the way to jungwon's house

the whole ride, hyunjin was shaking and clenching her phone as she tried to call jungwon but it kept going to voicemail.

the bus stopped at the destination and the two got off the ride, running down the sidewalk to his house.

they quickly got there and hyunjin knocked on the door, her legs shaking from worriedness.

the door opened only to reveal mrs.yang

"hyunjin? riki? what are you two doing here?"

"sorry for barging in but-"

a loud crash noise cut off hyunjin's voice and a loud scream of agony.

hyunjin pushed by his mother, quickly running up the stairs and into the hallway where jungwon's sister already was

"he won't open the door. it's locked" haewon spoke, a few tears leaving her eyes as she was now panicking.

riki followed behind hyunjin before attempting to open but he couldn't either so he slammed his right arm against the door, opening it harshly.

inside his room was a mess.

tissues, glass shards everywhere and most importantly, jungwon holding a glass shard to his wrist with a bottle of pills beside him

both haewon and his mother gasped at the sight, they never would ever imagine him in this situation

riki couldn't even process it and just stared in shock.

not again...

hyunjin stepped closer but he only placed the shard against his skin even more, "jungwon..stop"

"i killed her..s-she.."

"no you didn't" she spoke, "jungwon you didn't"

"yes i did!" he shouted causing them to flinch at his voice, "i-i knew so much..i knew it and s-she..i could've saved her..but i didn't. i fucking killed her!"

"no you didn't!" she yelled in return, "she's not blaming you! she's not doing that at all! you're putting the blame on yourself for no reason!"

"she told me hyunjin! s-she told everything before her death! i knew it all! i-i let her down"

"you can't stop someone from their problems jungwon! so what?! you weren't going to cure her depression, you weren't going to help her anxiety! and you didn't even cause any of those problems! those problems wouldn't have gone away in an instant!"

jungwon didn't respond as sobs came through his mouth.

"it's not your fault won..it's okay.." hyunjin told him as she inched closer to him, almost there.

the glass shard was almost out of his hand and hyunjin was about to grab it but she was too late as the boy cut himself with the sharp glass

"jungwon!" she shouted, immediately lunging at him and grabbing the shard out throwing it away from him.

she held onto his wrist, covering it in hopes of stopping the bleeding, "jungwon! you idiot!" she yelled at him, on the verge of tears, "it's not your fault! she isn't blaming you!"

riki looked at haewon, "c-call 119.."

haewon nodded as she took out her phone and quickly dialed them

hyunjin's hands and clothes were now covered in blood and she now held the boy close to her.

jungwon tried to whisper out words but his vision quickly went blank