3.0 | please let me protect you

the whole rest of the day was ayame avoiding jungwon. she didn't want to see him and she didn't want to talk to him at all.

jungwon couldn't sit with her at lunch because she wasn't at her usual spot and despite asking people, they said they haven't seen her.

jungwon went back to his seat and sighed, "i messed up..i messed up..oh my god..why did i do that??" jungwon began whispering to himself, regretting what he said to her.

jungwon had no intention of her telling him like that. he didn't mean to come off as rude and everything she had said was wrong.

he didn't become friends with her out of pity.

he doesn't think she's a loser.

he genuinely wanted to be her friend

but as ayame said, he doesn't understand her problem. no one does which is why she never trusts people easily

jungwon should've just let it go and not push her into it

"i really am a horrible friend.." jungwon muttered to himself

the next thing on jungwon's mind was exactly what ayame had told him due to her frustration

the abuse of her father.

jungwon couldn't wrap his head around it because it was just so shocking to him and didn't think ayame was going through that.

jungwon bit at his fingernails, panicking, "i'm such an idiot.."

。・゚゚・  ・゚゚・。

it was the next day, a saturday and ayame was sat in her room doing her homework when her phone buzzed. she put down her pencil and picked up her phone, seeing the messages.

JUNGWON:
hey ayame..
i'm going to assume you're
still mad at me
seen
yup..
seen
uhm i really want to apologize
in person but i couldn't find
you today so uhm..i'm just
going to say it here until i can
apologize in person
seen
i'm really sorry ayame. i really
didn't know what you were
going through. i just thought
ranting it out would be easier
for you but obviously
that wasn't the case..i really
hope we can talk soon so i
can apologize better in
person and not over some
text.
seen

ayame looked at her phone with a straight face before she put her phone down on her desk and continued doing her work.

"ayame" a voice spoke from behind her.

ayame turned around in her chair and saw riki with his textbook in his hand, "can you help me with my math?"

the girl nodded as riki walked into her room and placed the textbook on her desk. ayame read over the math problem before she began explaining the problem to him and doing it step by step with him.

"oh okay..it makes sense now" riki nodded and ayame smiled and looked up at the boy. her eyes looked at his neck and saw red marks.

she reached her hand up and lightly touched his neck, "did father hit you last night?"

"oh..yah.." riki awkwardly touched his neck, "you were sleeping so.."

"riki" ayame stood up, looking at her brother which made riki intimidated by this, "we're switching rooms. you're going to sleep in here from now on. i'll share a room with father"

"what?!" riki exclaimed, "no! are you crazy?"

"no but why would i let my younger brother share a room with our deranged father?" she questioned the boy