5.5 | ayame was finally happy

december 18th, 20XX.

it had been a full year since the day ayame took her own life.

riki was now part of hyunjin's family

as for his father?

he had no idea where or how he was doing and he would like to keep it that way. it feel so nice to no longer deal with the bruising, cuts, and scars he had been left with for almost his whole life.

he was still known as nishimura riki and always will be.

the boy was finally happy with his new family.

he was happy with his life.

jungwon was now in college while hyunjin and riki were in their 3rd year of highschool

while jungwon was still a little hung over it, he's gotten a lot better due to his friends and family along with his therapy sessions. he was able to stop blaming himself and slowly accept the fact that she was gone.

jungwon was stood in front of ayame's grave with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. he clenched the flowers in his hands tightly. despite visiting her grave many times prior to now, the fact it had been a year since her death, it was coming all to him again. all the pain, sorrow, guilt, and sadness was filling him up. 

a year ago, hyunjin told him that she had attempted suicide and it was that day when she didn't make it out alive.

jungwon dropped down to the floor, tears flowing out of his eyes as the flowers fell to beside him, "i-i'm so sorry ayame.."

"sorry for what?" a voice spoke and jungwon's eyes widened at the voice, knowing it immediately. he turned around only to see ayame.

jungwon stared at her for a second before bitterly chuckling, "you're back"

just from the stare of a second, he could tell the girl was different. there was a light glow around her body and she didn't look anxious, upset, angry, depressed or anything like that.

she looked peaceful

"people regret everything the moment the person they didn't care for suddenly passes" ayame spoke as she walked over to the bench beside her grave and sat there, just staring into the sky, "nothing is your fault jungwon. i've always struggled with my own problems. if you were happy then so was i, as cliché as it may sound. i was selfless, i really was but i couldn't help it, i cared about the people around me"

jungwon wished he could've gave her a better life.

he wished things turned out different.

but would it have been anymore different if jungwon had the same feelings for her? if she confessed and he said yes?

he loved her, he did.

but he could never love her in the way that she did.

"it's okay" ayame grinned, "i'm happy" she looked at the boy who stared at her, "that's all i ever wanted even if it's in another life "

"i love you ayame" jungwon mumbled, suppressing anymore tears from falling

"i love you too jungwon" she replied, knowing very well that jungwon will never mean it the way she meant it but she just wanted to hear those words just once.

jungwon watched as the girl closed her eyes and her body slowly disappeared from his sight. she was finally gone from the cruel world.

she left the world a second time with no resent, no hate, no anger; she was happy.

everyone in her life that she cared for was finally happy. 

although ayame didn't get her happy ending in this life.

she would be happy knowing that the people cared for her in her final moments are getting their own happy ending.

and in another life,

ayame was finally happy.