1.4 | hang out?

"oh" ayame spoke as she looked at her broken phone screen then at jungwon, "they gave me my schedule for work"

"cool. when are you free? we should meet up soon to discuss it or at least start it" he responded, taking a bite of his sandwich

ayame looked over her shifts, seeing she was scheduled for 6 days, "the only day i'm completely free is next wednesday, the other days i'm working from 3 to 10"

"do you ever get a break?" jungwon spoke, feeling bad about how much she worked

she shrugged, "next week i'm free wednesday, the following week im free tuesday and the other week im free wednesday, so the day before it's due"

"so want to meet next week afterschool? my house?" she nodded, putting her phone away, "so are you busy today afterschool? oh wait! you told that gir-"

"i'm actually not" she cut him off, "i just told that girl i was busy because i didn't want to do her job of cleaning the classroom. she always does that"

"really?" jungwon asked

"of course" ayame began, "seori is lazy and makes anyone try to do her work. it's one of the reason no one wants to work with her for projects but she sometimes pays people to work with her and then make them do all the work to get a good grade. she does the same with having to clean the classroom"

"oh is she rich or something?"

"her father owns kim cosmetics" ayame explained, "so yah. she definitely is rich but to answer your original question, no i'm not busy afterschool"

"then do you want to hang out?" jungwon questioned

ayame sat there, staring at him, "hang out? like together?"

"no separately ayame" he rolled his eyes then chuckled, "yes together. like i don't know..go to the mall or something. i would say let's go to a cat cafe but you're kinda allergic to fur so..any suggestions?"

"uhh.." she really didn't know where to go since the only place she went too outside of school was to work and to the store to buy groceries but that's it. the rest of the time she was at home doing her homework because she had no one else to hang out with, "you see..i don't really go out and uh hang out with friends- i'm going to stop talking because i sound like a loser"

to say that she didn't hang out or go out because she didn't have friends wasn't a lie, it was true but she also didn't go out to her depression that just made her want to stay inside and not do anything. all she did was isolate herself basically.

"you're not a loser" jungwon spoke, "you're busy all the time so it's not your fault that you can't hang out with people"

yup definitely the reason..

"let's go to the mall then" he suggested and the girl just nodded, "there's a video game i've been wanting really badly so i hope it's there"

"okay but.." ayame said, "don't you have afterschool cleaning?"

"yah but it shouldn't take long. just wait for me at the entrance afterschool"

。・゚゚・  ・゚゚・。

ayame had been waiting for 15 minutes at the entrance but jungwon had yet to come out, "what's taking him so long..?" the girl muttered to herself, wondering if she got stood up

she shook her head, giving him the benefit of the doubt and walked to their homeroom so she can see where he is.

walking to the classroom and reaching it, she slid opened the door and saw jungwon sweeping the classroom. the only thing was that he was alone and no one was helping him

"jungwon" ayame called out. the boy jumped at the noise and turned around to see the girl

"oh hello ayame" he smiled, waving at her, "sorry for taking so long i-"

"why are you cleaning by yourself?" she cut him off, "there's other names on the board as well"

"uhm..they left" he answered, rubbing the back of his neck

"what do you mean they left? this isn't just a you job" ayame spoke before sighing, "you're too nice for your own good jungwon"

"i-" she cut him off again as she put her bag on one of the tables before walking over to the chalkboard, grabbing the eraser and erasing the board

jungwon was going to speak again but just smiled before continuing to sweep the floor.

ayame looked back at jungwon, a small smile on her face showing unknowingly.