4.5 | almost

it was finally thursday.

ayame had gone to school with 3 gifts in her hands so she can give them away.

she walked into her class and put her stuff down. she grabbed one of the gift bags and quickly walked out of the class. she then walked down the building to go to the 2nd year floor.

she walked in the hall, trying to find hyunjin's classroom. she walked forward before bumping into a girl

"sorry" ayame quickly said, not paying attention to the girl but as ayame tried to walk, the girl grabbed her wrist making ayame look at the girl.

she then recognized her face as the girl who beaten her that night. ayame pulled away immediately, stepping away, "what do you want?"

"oh so now you want to act tough" saerom chuckled

ayame shook her head, "do you know where hyunjin's class is?"

"her class?" she pointed to a classroom, confused as too why she was even asking, "over there"

"thank y-"

"you know i'm surprised you're still alive. i'm sure you would've killed yourself after that night" she chuckled and ayame stayed straight-face.

ayame just turned around and walked to the classroom saerom said and when she slid open the door and there sat hyunjin doing her work.

ayame walked over to her, knocking on her desk, "hey.."

hyunjin looked up, grinning immediately, "hello ayame" she then noticed the gift in her hand, "what's that?" she pointed on it and ayame held it out for her

"it's for you" hyunjin raised an eyebrow, confused and took the gift

"for me? why though?"

"i just wanted to thank you for being so nice to me despite the rumors you heard about me and giving me a chance. it's not often people are so nice to me but i wanted to do this" ayame explained

hyunjin shook her head, trying to give the gift back to ayame, "i can't take this. you should be treated nicely, anyone should be treated nicely. it's a simple gesture that everyone deserves"

ayame shook her head also, pushing the gift back to hyunjin, "please just take it. it's also a nice gesture"

hyunjin smiled and was about to open it but ayame stopped her, "can you open it on like saturday or tomorrow"

"why..?" hyunjin thought this was weird

"because saturday is actually my birthday but i don't like receiving gifts on my birthday but i rather give gifts so i rather you open it on that day"

"alright then" hyunjin smiled, placing the gift bag on the floor, "thank you ayame"

the girl nodded before walking out of the classroom and sighed again.

"three more.."

。・゚゚・  ・゚゚・。

the bell rung and ayame stood up from her seat, walking over to jungwon's seat. she stood in front of him and held the box out.

jungwon was confused, as everyone else, but didn't take the box, "are you confessing to me or something?"

she scoffed, rolling her eyes, "you have a girlfriend, i'm not confessing"

he chuckled, stating he was just joking, "anyways, what is this for?"

"i just wanted to give you a gift because i wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me. you've made me a lot happier and my life in general has turned around thanks to you. i'm very grateful for it so i wanted to return the favor" she placed the box down and smiled at the boy

"ayame you didn't need too. friends are meant too-"

she shook her head, "just accept it. it's a gift. don't deny a free gift"

"i guess you're right" he chuckled

"but don't open it yet! open it tomorrow or saturday"

"why so specific?" he questioned, not knowing why obviously

"just because i want you too" she didn't want to tell him about her birthday so she lied instead.

just like she did to everyone else.

but for different reasons.

"alright then" he chuckled but she held out her pinkie

"promise me you won't open it until those days whichever one"

jungwon shook his head, amused at the girl's behavior. he locked his pinkie with hers, "i promise i won't open it until those days"

"thank you" she smiled, taking her hand back. she then walked back to her seat and grabbed the last gift she had on her before leaving the classroom.

jungwon had stared at the gift in front of him, wanting to open it but he wanted to respect ayame so he would wait .

ayame had walked in to the library afterwards where she saw the librarian packing up her stuff once again.

"hello mrs. anh" she greeted. the lady was startled and turned around

"oh you scared me ayame" she chuckled lightly, "what brings you in here?"

"i just came in here to give you this gift" she placed the box on the lady's desk and just like everyone else, she was confused

"what is this for?"

"it's just a small gift. i wanted to give it to you since i've been able to talk to you for everything and you've really made me happy" ayame explained

"you sound like you're leaving the world sweetie" she joked, chuckled

"haha..no" ayame shook her head, biting her lip.

just as she was about to open the gift, ayame stopped her, "you can open it tomorrow or saturday"

"ahh i forgot your birthday is soon is it not?"

ayame nodded, "you remembered"

"how could i forget such a sweet gesture" she smiled, "thank you ayame"

"uhm..were you packing up your stuff earlier?" ayame then switched the topic

"ahh yes" she nodded, "i'm actually retiring from this job"

"oh..really?" ayame was a little shocked

"after spending time with my family, i realized i want to be with them and my children also loved being away from korea so we figured my family and i would move there. plus, this job isn't paying a lot at the moment so im hoping to find a better job in the uk"

"ahh that makes sense" ayame nodded, "well then i'll let you continue. thank you for everything mrs. anh"

"today isn't my last day ayame" she responded

"i know but i still wanted to say it..bye mrs. anh" she waved bye and so did the librarian.

ayame then left the library and had one more gift to give.