1.9 | jungwon's house

i

t was wednesday, the next day, and there ayame stood with jungwon beside her at the bus stop, waiting for the bus to arrive.

after the whole bathroom incident the day before, ayame ended up skipping school; something she never did. she just didn't want to face jungwon or anyone for that matter.

when jungwon didn't see her in class and her bag wasn't in class at all either, he began panicking. slightly, jungwon was blaming himself. he thought he was the cause of her running away and maybe he was right.

throughout the whole day of wednesday, ayame stayed away from jungwon wanting just some time to herself. while jungwon wanted to approach her, he figured the girl wanted some space so he let her have her space.

until the end of the day obviously when they had agreed to meet up for the project.

so now here they were standing awkwardly next to each other.

"so aya-" as soon as jungwon began speaking, the bus arrived

"the bus is here" ayame muttered as the bus stopped in front of them.

the door opened and ayame entered first, offering to pay for their two tickets and even though jungwon was going to object, she already paid for the two tickets and went to go find a seat.

jungwon followed from behind and sat beside her. the bus began driving and the two were in awkward silence

"..uhm..are you okay ayame? i was worried for you yesterday since you kinda just ran off and then ditched" he asked her, being cautious of what he was saying

"i'm good jungwon" she responded, "thank you for worrying but i'm okay i swear"

of course jungwon was still suspicious but he had to go with her answer, "okay but when you're ready to talk to me, i'll be here for you"

there goes her heart again, racing uncontrollably at his words. she nodded at him and he just chuckled in response, still worried for her.

after a 15 minute bus ride, they finally reached the bus stop and they only had to walk about 2 blocks to get to his house.

the two got off of the bus and began walking in silence.

it didn't take long for them to reach jungwon's house and to say the least, ayame was shocked.

"just a warning" jungwon spoke before opening the door, "my mom and my sister are home so please ignore whatever they might say that could be embarrassing" ayame nodded again before jungwon opened the door and the moment ayame saw the two staircases at the entrance, she panicked.

'all you do is panic girl' ayame's mind spoke but she shook her head

jungwon allowed her to enter first and she did so, jungwon behind her. he closed the door before taking off his shoes, "mom! i'm home!"

quickly, footsteps were heard and ayame saw his mother.

"welcome ho-oh. who is this?" his mother asked, pointing to ayame.

before jungwon could introduce her, ayame bowed and began speaking, "hello mrs.yang, my name is ayame and i'm working on a project with jungwon"

"well well, aren't you so polite" his mother chuckled

"hey mom i'm go-" another girl came down the stairs but stopped upon seeing jungwon and ayame, "who is this?" she pointed at the girl

"this is ayame. she's here to work on a project with jungwon" mrs.yang explained and haewon just nodded