1.6 | abuse

it was 6 pm and the two were seated next to each other on the bus.

"so..did you have fun?" jungwon asked. the girl nodded, not saying much, "are you sure?"

ayame looked at him, raising an eyebrow, "what do you mean?"

"i just..feel bad that i kinda bought a lot and then you just bought a video game for your brother" he rubbed the back of his neck

ayame just chuckled lightly and shook her head, "i had fun regardless if i bought stuff or not. it's..not often i go out and have fun so i was just glad to go out and have fun so thank you for today jungwon"

he stared at her in shock for a second before a small grin appeared on his face, "it was nice hanging out with you too ayame. i hope we can hang out more like this in the future"

"me too" ayame responded

then it went silent, the two not knowing what to say.

finally stopping off at the bus stop, the two got off of the bus and stood at the stop, looking at each other, "which way do you live?" ayame pointed the opposite way of jungwon's house, "oh i'm the other way but i can walk you home"

she quickly shook her head, "no it's okay. i don't want you to walk my way then walk back to your house especially with your bags so it's okay"

"are you sure?" she nodded quickly, "okay then..i'll see you tomorrow then?"

"mhm. i'll see you tomorrow jungwon"

"bye ayame. text me when you get home" he waved bye, walking the opposite way.

about to turn to walk, she realized something, "yah! jungwon!"

the boy stopped in his place, turning around. the girl jogged up towards him and opened her backpack, taking out the bag with the video game in it. she held it out for him,  "here..it's for you"

he raised an eyebrow before grabbing the eyebrow and looking inside. he gasped, taking the video game out of the bag and looking at her, "h-how'd you..but it was-"

"that's not important!" she exclaimed, waving her hands in front of her, "you looked sad so..yah i hope you enjoy it"

jungwon put the game in it's bag before stepping towards her and looking at her, "can i hug you?"

"uhm..okay" the boy wrapped his arms around the girl, patting her head

"thank you ayame. i really appreciate it"

ayame slowly wrapped her arms around his, hoping that the boy couldn't hear her racing heart. jungwon pulled away and patted her head, "i'll see you tomorrow"

ayame nodded as jungwon waved bye once more and finally began walking away to his house.

ayame turned around, walking the opposite way with her hand on her chest, "what the hell.."

she shook her head of the thoughts before walking back to her house. ayame entered her house before calling out for her brother but he didn't answer, "riki?!"

the girl put down her school bag before going to his room only to see the boy curled up in the corner. ayame rushed towards him, kneeling in front of him, "riki! what happened?! why are y-" she cut herself off, seeing that the boy's cheek was red.

the girl held onto his hands tightly, the tears in his eyes coming out, "was he here? did he hurt you?"

riki nodded, shaking. ayame wrapped her arms around him, holding onto him tightly, "i'm sorry i wasn't here. i'm so sorry"