2.1 | bad memories

"

no! she's the worst character!" jungwon fought with ayame at lunch

"she's had better character development than the main lead" ayame argued, "okay, i will admit she was kind of a bitch at first but! at least she got better over time"

"whatever you say" jungwon rolled his eyes

"you know i'm right which is why you're giving up" ayame told him and the boy was going to argue back but he had nothing to say so he just muttered words under his breath, "exactly"

"anyways!" jungwon switched the topic, "how's your crush going?"

ayame choked on air from shock at his question. she cleared her throat, looking at him, "crush? where the hell did you get that idea?"

"no one just asks someone 'how do you know if you like someone' and not like someone. so you like someone" jungwon concluded

ayame stayed silent, not knowing how to respond and it's because she doesn't want to admit she likes him but she doesn't know if he likes him.

but she did know.

she knew very well that she liked yang jungwon. she knew deep down in her scarred heart that she liked him but she was afraid to admit it.

she didn't want to feel like a nuisance or be an inconvenience to anyone which is why she barely had any close friends and the only person close to her was riki.

"you're silent. you do like someone!" he poked her arm repeatedly, teasing her basically

"i do not!" she argued back, pushing his hand away, "but you do!"

she joked with him but he went silent after hearing her say that causing her to go in shock, "you like someone?!"

"n-no! i just didn't expect you to say that all of a sudden" he stammered but ayame wasn't dumb.

she leaned forward towards him and he stayed in place, looking at the girl in her eyes. she stared into his eyes despite her racing heart, "you're lying"

just as jungwon was about to respond, his phone rung. he quickly stood up, grabbing his phone and awkwardly laughing, "let me take this.." he walked away from the girl, glad the person called him

ayame slouched, her heart not feeling right, "is this..what do they call it? jealously?" she quickly shook her head, denying it, "no no i don't like him. that's stupid"

her head was telling her that she didn't like him but her heart was saying otherwise. she kept pushing it off as 'oh he's my first close friend so this is normal'

ayame hit her head, not wanting to think about it at all.

"hey, hey" jungwon came back and stopped ayame from repeatedly hitting herself, "don't hit yourself" he laughed and she just nodded, taking her hand away from her head, "anyways. i need to go meet up with my other friends. do you mind me leaving?"

"you don't need my permission to leave and hang with your other friends" ayame responded

"i just feel bad leaving you alone-"

"it's okay you can go jungwon. i can't stop you from hanging with your friends" she cut him off, not wanting him to be stopped from hanging with his friends just because of her

"alright" he grinned, patting her head softly, "see you later ayame"

"bye jungwon"

jungwon then left the girl on the bleachers to contemplate on all her life decisions at this rate