5.4 | new family

jungwon had now been released from the hospital for about 2 weeks now and after the 1st week, he had started his therapy sessions to hopefully just help him talk about his he feels and feel less worst.

in that time jungwon had talked to his mom about bringing riki into their family and his mom was on board with the idea only to find out that while it is possible for a single parent to adopt a child, she had no good reason as to why she hadn't remarried yet when she could.

so the next best thing was jungwon talking to hyunjin and her parents about bringing him in since he was staying with them and they gladly agreed to it and the only thing left they needed was riki's agreement.

riki and jungwon had also finally returned to school, the two still not in the best state but not as bad as when they first found out.

they hadn't been at school the last 3 weeks of the year and it was now january, the two having a lot of work to catch up on

when jungwon came back actually and walked into class, he saw multiple letters, small gifts and flowers left on her desk but the only word he could think to himself was 'fake'

not only did he knew the truth about what the kids truly did but he also heard about the fake tears and fake apologies given.

as much as he wanted to confront all of them, he had no energy to do so. he barely had enough energy to finish the work he missed and new work as well.

he constantly had to leave class because he would have a panic attack just from stress.

he was just glad to have his family, riki and hyunjin by his side along with jay and sunoo.

jungwon walked out the school with his hand holding hyunjin's and riki beside him

"was today better?" hyunjin asked and the boy nodded

"didn't have a panic attack or anything so i think i'm getting there" jungwon replied and hyunjin nodded

"that's good. do you have a session right now?" riki questioned

"yah at 4: 50 so i should probably get going" he let go of hyunjin's hand and gave her a kiss on her forehead, "i'll see you guys later"

he then ran off leaving the two younger together.

hyunjin's phone buzzed and she took it out of her pocket, seeing the notification, "my mom is asking what you want for dinner"

"uhm..whatever you guys want" riki responded

"are you sure? do you want japanese food or anything? or favorite foods? my parents wouldn't mind it"

he shook his head, "i'm grateful enough for a home and a place to stay for now, i'll eat whatever you guys want"

"alright then" she sighed, replying back to her mother

。・゚゚・  ・゚゚・。

"niki" hyunjin knocked on the door of the room he was occupying, "come out!"

in a few seconds, riki had opened the door, "yes?"

"follow me" hyunjin told him and he obeyed her, walking behind her.

the two walked down the stairs of her house and into the living room where her parents were sitting.

riki was panicking and thought they were gonna kick him out or tell the boy to leave.

riki and hyunjin sat on the couch across from her parents.

"niki" her mom, mrs. kim, began, "how do you feel being here?"

"what do you mean..?" riki asked, a little scared

"like do you feel comfortable staying here? do you feel uncomfortable or anything?"

"a-ah no! of course not!" he shook his head, "i feel very safe and comfortable here! you guys did so much for me in these past few weeks of my sister's passing and i appreciate it so much. i could never feel uncomfortable here"

the two parents looked at each other before letting out a smile to each other and mr. kim spoke, "then how would you feel if we became your legal parents"

"h-huh..what are you-"

"we want to take you in and make us your legal guardians" mrs. kim explained, "we want to be your parents"

riki was in shock and didn't know what to say, "my..parents?"

"we don't want you to go back to that horrid father of yours after what he has done to you and your sister. we want you to be better here. we will give you your own room, pay for your clothes, any essentials alright? i'm sure hyunjin doesn't mind having a brother as well"

hyunjin nodded her head, "i wouldn't mind"

"so what do you say?"

"uhm.." riki bit his lip, a little hesitant, "what do i do about ayame's room though..i don't want to leave it behind"

the family looked at each other, not knowing what to do about that as well

"how about.." hyunjin began suggesting, "you take a few things that remind you of her. you could even take some of her clothes and just keep it in your closet for memories. that way you have some of her things?"

riki nodded, "i can do that.."

"you don't have to answer us right now-"

"no, no it's okay. i don't need to think" riki smiled, "i want you guys to be my new family. i was just worried about my sister's stuff but..i have no other reason to deny your offer. so yes, i'll take it"

the family smiled and nodded, "we'll get started with the paperwork alright and legal things" the two parents stood up before patting the boy's head and leaving

hyunjin stood up as well and riki looked up at her as she smiled, "i'm glad you didn't deny the offer. i don't know if i can live up to how ayame was as a sister but-"

riki shook his head and stood up from his seat, "don't compare yourself to ayame. i would never compare you two either way so don't do that"

hyunjin just nodded at this and riki grinned, "thank you for everything hyunjin"

"of course. you're my brother now"

 you're my brother now"