Imagines (15)

Your POV:

I turned the ignition off and sat in my car for awhile, listening to the radio.

Sadly I wasn't in the mood for walking and I wanted Dua to come lift me off my feet.

Nonetheless, I grabbed my bag and made my route into the house. I kicked my shoes off as soon as I stepped in and randomly tossed my jacket anywhere.

I lounged in the living room for a minute to play with Dexter and eat a quick snack. I really wanted something better than leftovers, but it was going to have to work, because I was tired as hell.

I grabbed my shoes and belongings and quietly crept into our room, seeing Dua laid out. But I looked closer in the bed and found a figure lying next to her.

Chuckling ever so lightly, I moved closer to the stranger in our bed. It really was Anwar her ex boyfriend. Half naked in the bed that me and Dua shares.

I quietly shuffled my shoes back on and searched in the closet for a few clothes, stuffing them into a duffel bag with tears streaming down my eyes. I will definitely be back to get all my shit.

I paced over to Dua and shook her violently. I try to control my emotions, but the tears beat me to the race. They were coming down so fast and I didn't know how to stop them.

Dua flashed her eyes open at me and smiled, but quickly closed them and cursed under her breath when Anwar shuffled next to her and called out her name.

"Seriously Dua? So this is what you do behind my back?"

"Baby." Dua sighed as she climbed out of the bed and rushed over to me. She tried embracing me and kissing my cheek, but I wasn't having it. I broke from her grasp and hurried downstairs. Dexter ran to me.

"Fuck you, Dua Lipa." I finally yelled and stormed out of the house.

...

I laid in my room of my mom's house, gazing at the ceiling in the dark. Occasionally, a tear would make path down my cheek and land onto the soft pillow.

I really wondered why it was me who was crying. I didn't do anything. I didn't cause the pain nor the heartbreak.

My phone lit up in the dark, scaring me a little. I snatched it from the nightstand and there was a text from Dua Lipa herself.

Dua: I'm so fucking sorry babe. Can you please pick up the phone so we can talk?

• 2:45 A.M.

: For you to call me or text me 5 hours after the fact shows me how much you actually care.

• 2:50 A.M.

Dua: it wasn't intentional. I just needed to get myself together.

• 2:51 A.M.

: Because you're the one that just got cheated on? Goodnight, Dua.

• 2:55 A.M.

Dua: (missed call)
: (missed call)
: (missed call)
:You know I didn't mean it like
that.
: (missed call)
: Babe please talk to me.

• 3:7 A.M.

I powered my phone off so I wouldn't receive anymore texts from her. What a fucked up night.

~~

An: Dexter is Dua's dog's name. Don't forget to vote if you like it ✌🏽