Imagines (35)

You pressed decline on your phone for what felt like the hundredth time. The heels on your shoes clicked against the floor as you walked to the elevator in the lobby of your apartment.

Turning to the corner and just when you did the elevator doors started to close.

"Hold the elevator!" You shouted and a arm came out and stopped the doors from closing. You hurried up and rushed over not wanting to keep the person holding it waiting too long.

You stepped in and rested your back against the wall and shutting your eyes feeling the elevator move up. A throat clearing made you open your eyes again seeing the woman that held the elevator for you chuckling to herself.

"What floor?" She pointed to the buttons and you smiled lightly.

"17."

"Oh,we're going to the same floor." She pointed and the floor button lit up. You noticed she was looking at you and it seemed like she was in deep thoughts also.

"Can I help you with something?" You asked her.

"My bad. I was just thinking about how you looked tired as fuck all while in those heels of yours." She smiled, which was so pretty and contagious by the way.

"Yeah, its been a long day." You sighed pushing all your weight onto your right leg leaning against the wall. The two of you had just reached the 10th floor at this point.

"So you're the new tenant that just moved in?" You questioned remembering something from your neighbor from across the hall telling you about some lady that had moved in right down the hall. She went on and on about how pretty the new tenant was and now you were assuming she was talking about this one considering how beautiful she looks.

"Yeah."

"How you liking the building so far?" You asked pulling your phone out your pocket seeing the same person call for the nine hundredth time  for the past hour and pressing decline.

She hesitated before answering, chuckling to herself about whatever.

"It's dope. I just should've gotten a two bedroom crib." She replied.

"Why?" You asked.

The elevator dinged indicating you two had arrived and she gestured for you to go out first.

"For my studio and stuff." She said.

"Oh, you sing?" You smirked and she chuckled shrugging.

"Yeah, I can sing a little I guess."

She's funny.

"You're surely gonna sing for me someday." She nodded smiling.

"I will on our date." She slipped in and you laughed at how she played that.

"Oh, you think you're smart huh?"

"Shit, I mean did it work?" Shrugging and smiling, you looked down and mumbled a little "maybe."

You never thought she was gay though, plus you've never been with a woman before so you were willing to give it a try.

"I can't do a 'maybe'  let me take you out as long as your boyfriend don't mind.

"Now who told you that I have a boyfriend?" You stopped walking since you had made it to your door. She leaned on the opposite wall looking at you.

"Because I know whoever is blowing up your phone right now got to be your boyfriend."

"Nah, he's not my boyfriend to be honest. We were just talking but he showed his true colors so to answer your question about that date, yeah. Just give me the time and date."

"Oh, cause you're a busy girl right?" She smirked.

"Yeah, extremely busy."

"Alright, so how about Saturday night at 7. I'll come pick you up." You laughed when she said that because she's just three doors away from you.

"Yeah, that would be so cool." You laughed again.

"Bet. I'll see you around until then," she hesitated realising you two never exchanged names.

She asked for your name and you told her, she repeated your name to herself trying to remember it.

"Cute name."

"My name's Dua Lipa but you can call me Dua for short."

"Cute name." You mocked her, she sucked her teeth and you snickered.

"Man, whatever. I'll see you Saturday."

You waved goodbye to her and entered your apartment with a big smile plastered on your face.

~~~

An: Beyoncé's new album (RENAISSANCE) is sooooooo good OMGGGGG!!! Been listening to it nonstop for almost 2 weeks in a row SOMEBODY SEND HELP!!!