𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷: "𝓦𝓱𝓸 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝓱𝓪𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓭𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓴 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼."

I open my eyes as I woke up. The room fell dark and silent. Pansy was asleep on my chest. Her breathing was in sync with mine. Her arms were tightly wrapped around my torso.

"What time is it?" I thought to myself.

I looked over to the nightstand and my clock read 10:12 pm. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again it was morning. I sat up and saw Pansy was already up and out of bed. The dorm was empty leaving just me inside it.

I wandered to my wardrobe and put on a light brown button-up with a darker brown plaid skirt. I grabbed my books and went off to the Great Hall.

"y/n!" I heard a call from behind me. I turned around to see Ronald Weasley.

"Oh hey, Ron," I said with a smile as I stopped and waited for him to catch up.

"I feel like I have to chase you down nowadays."

"I will always have time for you, Ron."

"You better because I am not going to be able to eat everything on my own, and besides I miss my chess buddy." He nudged my arm

"I thought Lavender was your new chess buddy?"

"I only played with her because I had thought you were growing bored of it." He explains with a smile growing on the side of his lips.

"I would never, but it's just annoying how you always win." I tease

"How about we play after school and I just might show you a couple of tricks." Ron offers

"Deal." I agree as we both sit down at the Gryffindor table.

I missed Ron. This was the first year we have ever gotten into fights that lasted more than an hour. Every other year we were inseparable. I missed that.

The day went by fast. I was at my last class of the day, Charms which was taught by Professor Flitwick. I had that class with the Slytherin house.

"Psst" I heard in my ear from behind me. I saw pansy then use her wand to make a piece of paper levitate. I quickly looked over to Professor Flitwick who wasn't looking in our direction thankfully. Pansy then moved her wand in my direction making the paper fly towards me. All the student's eyes were following the piece of paper. As it flew above my head I reached my hand up high and caught it. I quickly turned forward in my seat and Professor Flitwick looked at the class curiously.

"Do you have a question y/n?" He announced.

"N-no why would I?" I said nervously.

"I could have sworn I saw your hand raise."

"Oh, I was just going to ask to use the bathroom." I quickly compose a lie.

He then excused me to go use the bathroom. I unfolded the paper Pansy had thrown at me.

"Hang after class?"

I folded the note back up and headed back to class. As I sat down Pansy looked at me looking for my response. I nodded my head no, I already had plans with Ron. I sat back down for the remainder of the class period.

"Why don't you want to hang out?" Pansy walked up to my desk after class was dismissed.

"I already have plans or I would." I stood up and gathered my books.

"Plans?" She questioned

"Yeah, ill catch up with you later though." I started to walk

"Well, who do you have plans with?" She walked beside me

"I am playing chess with Ron."

"You are ditching me for a ginger?" She scoffed

"That ginger happens to be my best friend, and besides I had plans with him first."

"Have fun then." She says sarcastically

I dropped all my things off at the dorm and went to the Gryffindor common room. Ron was sitting by the chessboard. The game was ready to start.

"I missed this." I sat across from him.

He smiled at me showing that he agreed.

"I suppose we make this game more interesting." He grinned

"How so?"

"Whoever loses has to drink this." He pulls out a small jar with liquid in it.

"You already know I am going to lose! and besides what is even in that?"

"You will see whenever we are done with the game." He still had a grin on his face.

"I don't know if I trust that. Your face is so suspicious right now." 

"Oh come on don't be a wuss." He creases his eyebrow

"I am not a wuss," I say as I make the first move, starting the game.

The round goes on and of course, Ron beats me as usual.

"You lost so you know what that means." He pulls the jar out again.

"I completely forgot about that!" I take the jar and analyze it "Is it even safe to drink?" I look at Ron.

"Don't be thick, Of course, it's safe.

I narrow my eyes then popped off the cork. The liquid started to fizz and I looked at Ron worried as he had a smile plastered on his face. I closed my eyes and drunk it scared of what it was going to do to me. Was it going to transform me into something or make me burp up spiders? After I drank it I set the jar onto the chess set and waited for something to happen.

"I don't feel any different?" I said after 30 seconds of expecting to grow fur or atleast some sort of reaction but I felt nothing.

"Now it's time for the fun." He says as he rubs his hands together

What does he mean by fun?

"What happened to the last chocolate frog on the train?" He asks me.

I remember on the way to Hogwarts there was only one chocolate frog left and I had eaten it and lied that I hadn't.

"I ate it while you were in the bathroom getting your robes on." The words came out before I could stop them. I clapped my hands over my mouth in shock.

"I knew it! You are a bloody liar!" He jumps up and points at me while I still had my hands over my mouth.

"Now for the deeper questions!"

"What in Merlins did you give me?" I demanded an answer.

"Why are you dating Pansy?" He curved his eyebrows

I tried to force my lips shut but the words flew out "Pansy and I were fake dating."

His face turned from curious to shocked. "What why?!"

I felt my face start to sweat as I tried to hold back my words. I tried everything including even biting my lip. Until I couldn't anymore.

"Because I liked you! I really did and you just went off and kissed her like it was nothing!" I blurted out. I was even shocked by what had just come out of my mouth. I saw Ron's face turn a bright red.

"You left me all alone when I needed you the most! You made me feel like I was worthless!" Tears began to slip out of the corner of my eyes. Everything I had been holding in was flying out of my mouth without any control.

I ran out of the common room before I could say anything else.