𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮:𝓢𝓮𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓗𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮

I fell back onto my bed and rested my eyes. I needed to find a way for us to get out of here. I finally fell asleep after thoughts ran wild. 

I let out a yawn as I saw the room grow brighter. I heard the rooms unlock which means breakfast. I walked behind the others following them to the cafeteria. The food wasn't bad here. It was nothing like back home but it wasn't terrible. I sat in line with my tray as the man in scrubs plopped yellow scrambled eggs down with a big black kitchen spoon. 

"Thank you." I smiled at the man. He wasn't a worker, he was a patient too. We all took turns cleaning, cooking, and doing the jobs that had to be done. I grabbed some fruit and then started to head to the table like every other day. 

"A word?" Pansy had stopped me. 

Before I could respond she pulled me to the other side of the room. 

"Why were you talking to that prick last night?" She interrogated. 

"What do you- Oh you mean Elijah?" I remembered the guard from last night. She must've heard since her room is right next to mine 

"Yeah. Elijah." Her eyes squinted. 

"We were just talking and besides you and I are horrible together so why do you even care?" I took my food and pushed past her to the table where Dax was waiting for me. 

I slammed my tray down onto the table. 

"You good?" Daz looked at me with a worried tone on his face. 

"Yeah, just Pansy again." I rolled my eyes as I stuck my fork into the scrambled eggs. 

"At least she will talk to you..." He said referring to the boy he was still in love with. 

"I'm sorry I didn't even think of that." I put my hand on his shoulder attempting to comfort him

"Don't be it's not your fault."

I looked around and noticed that everyone looked.. less dead? Like they still had eyebags but they looked more energized.

"Why is it that everyone seems so energized now?" I asked 

"Haven't you noticed you haven't been going in for treatment?"

I hadn't even thought of why we weren't getting treatments, I was just focused on being thankful we didn't have to do it. 

"The machine has been broken. Can't get anyone out here to fix it until tomorrow." Dax continued on his breakfast. 

I was assigned to clean up after breakfast. Which is only cleaning the trays and utensils. 

I pulled the valve on the sink that read 'hot'. I washed each and every tray that had dried scrambled eggs and bread crumbs. I saw the steam release from the water as it rushed out of the faucet. I felt the steam cloud onto my face as it spread through the air. I felt my hand sting as I forced it under the boiling water. 

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I quickly pulled my hand back and turned my head. It was Elijah. 

"Your hand..." 

I pulled my hand behind my back. It was throbbing and red. 

"I just burnt it a bit." 

He walked over to the first aid kit that was pinned onto the wall. He searched through it and grabbed some bandages. 

He walked back over and reached his hand out. I reached my hand and put it on top of his so he can get a good look. 

He slowly and gently wrapped the bandages around my hand. He finished the last layer but didn't let go of my hand. Our eyes connected and before you know it so were our lips. His lips traveled down my neck as his hands were wrapped around my waist.

I pulled my lips from his, "I need you to do something for me." 

"What is it?" He said with his breath staggered.

"I need you to get me my mirror from my trunk." 

"Why do you want it?" His eyebrows creased. 

"Well, how else am I supposed to look pretty for you?" I fluttered my eyes as I looked up at him.

His eyes opened wide in shock. 

"So was that a yes?" 

 He nodded his head up and down. 

"Good, see you later handsome," I smirked as I ran my hand down his chest in a flirty manner. I then walked out towards the common area with all of the others. 

I sat down and tried to compose myself. I began to try and flatten down any hairs out of place. 

"Trying to get pretty for me huh?" 

To my surprise, Pansy appeared in front of me. She sat across from me with her elbows rested on her thighs as she rubbed her hands together. 

I didn't want to lie to her but what other choice do I have?

"Always for you." I winked and smiled. 

Then I saw Pansy's mouth drop from a smirk to a straight face. Her eyes were no longer on my eyes but now focused on my neck. Her jaw rolled as she looked me back into the eyes. 

"What?" I laughed nervously as I covered my neck. 

"Someone left a mark." Her eyes narrowed. 

I stared back but my eyes were wide open. I was left speechless. She didn't break eye contact. I could tell how angry she was I could feel it. 

"Pansy-"

She got up from the seat and walked away. I felt guilt start to swallow me.