𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽:𝓓𝓪𝔁

𝔂/𝓷'𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓿

Everything around me was spinning. I had felt like I had taken the drugs people would take at parties to feel something. I heard mumbling but I couldn't make out what they were saying. Suddenly my brain snapped into reality.

"I'll kill them I swear." I heard Pansy. 

I held my head in pain. My head was still throbbing.

"Pansy?" I questioned

"y/n!" I heard her jump off of the ground

"What did they do to you?!" 

I didn't want to tell her. I know she would blame herself.

"I just got tired that's all." I lied

"Don't lie to me." 

"I'm not."

The silence was loud. She knew I was lying I could feel it.

"We have to get out of here." I broke the silence. I couldn't have her go through that. 

"I know," Pansy said shortly

"Why so gloomy? You miss me that much?" I smiled through the headache.

"Oh piss off." She paused."My hand does hurt though."

"Don't tell me you punched the wall." I gasped

She stayed silent.

I began to laugh, "the wall is so hard, you idiot."

She began to laugh too, "Maybe I did miss you a tiny bit."

"Pansy Parkinson." I fake gasped "Are you going soft on me?"

"No, I'm obviously just with you for your body." She began to laugh. I know it was a joke but something made me start to think. Before I got thin she was horrible to me. Does she only like me because I am skinny now? I started to feel angry. Was she just with me because of my body?

"I'm gonna go to sleep." I gulped down my hurt feelings.

"y/n, it was a joke."She tried to explain. I knew what she said was a joke, but every joke has some truth to it doesn't it?

"I'm just really tired, you should try to get some sleep too." I got onto the old metal bed. The mattress was very thin and the blanket was scratchy.

I forced my eyes shut and turned over to my right side. Every single thing Pansy had said to me in the past had come to my mind.

"Ugly, fatass, Worthless, Boring, bitch.."   

A single tear rolled down my cheek. I know it was before she met me but if she had felt that way before how could she not feel that way now? My heart stung.

Suddenly the hallway light had turned back on. 

"Everyone wake up!" I heard a man yell. 

It's morning already? I rubbed my eyes awake. I was exhausted I hadn't slept at all. 

I heard keys rattling in every door opening them up, including my door. I walked out of the room in my blue gown, the same as everyone else's. I looked to my left and saw Pansy. Right, when she saw me she hugged me tightly. My head was still filled with thoughts from last night. 

Everyone was walking through the hallway. 

"Hurry up." The man yelled.

I pushed Pansy away. "We should probably follow everyone"

I walked with the crowd into a room with a bunch of picnic tables you would see in a public school cafeteria. There was a line for breakfast. I didn't have an appetite. Pansy and I grabbed a tray and sat from across each other. 

I picked at the fluffy yellow eggs with my fork but wasn't able to eat.

"What's going on with you?" Pansy looked at me.

I continued to pick at my eggs. I felt her eyes staring at me.

"Why did you all of a sudden like me this year?" I spat out

"What are you talking about?"

"All of the other years you looked at me as I was nothing but a waste of space and now you see me as this amazing person. I just don't get it." 

"You already know that it was because I didn't know you before." She took a bite of her eggs

"Or was it just before I got skinny" I squinted my eyes

I looked at her jaw clench. I could tell I had struck a nerve but wasn't it true? What was so different from this year from the rest? My weight.

She ignored me for the rest of breakfast. We were then moved to the common area. I saw a boy his eyes looked dull and lifeless. Pansy and I were still not speaking terms. He was sitting on the gross couch. I sat next to him. His hair was brown and curly. His skin was a beautiful brown and his eyes were a chocolate brown.

"How long have you been in here?" I looked over at him

"I don't know...The days just kinda blurred into one." His dull eyes moved to mine. 

"We just got in here yesterday but we are going find a way out soon."

"There is no way out." He gulped

"There's always a way out." 

"Not here. The first month I tried every day to get out. They caught me every time, and the punishments were horrible, trust me it's not worth it." He warned me

There always has to be a way out. A way he hasn't tried yet. 

"I'm y/n." 

"Dax." He held his hand out for me to shake. I reached my hand up but right before I could shake, "Pansy Parkinson." She then shook his hand. 

"uh, who are you?" Dax looked confused.

"Her girlfriend." She gave a devious look.

"So we are all getting treated for homosexuality?" 

Pansy's look dropped.

"Can I shake his hand now?" I rolled my eyes. 

Pansy nodded embarrassed.

"Did you come here alone?" I asked

"I came alone. My parents sent me here but I met someone here.. Everything was perfect until the workers found out." He looked down

"What happened?" I looked at him

"One day for treatment they did extra on him for punishment...When he came out he didn't come out the same. He was cold and distant."

"I'm so sorry." I place my hand on his shoulder. 

"You guys need to make sure they don't find out about your relationship" He looked at me and Pansy.

Pansy and I looked at each other. What if they had found out that we are dating? I quickly look away and she follows. We were still mad at each other.

"Who were you seeing?" I hoped that question was okay to ask.

He nodded in a direction of a boy who was staring endlessly into the floor. He looked like he was dead but his body was still alive. He had short light brown hair and pale skin. His jawline was sharp enough to kill. He had green eyes and dried pink lips.

"Is he okay?" Pansy asks

"No, he hasn't been ever since the treatment. He thinks that there is something wrong with him.. Something wrong with all of us." Dax continued to look at the boy.

Pansy and I have officially made our first friend here. 

Dax.