Chapter 9- painkillers

Celeste POV:

" Kiara" I call into the the foyer as my eyes catch onto her slumped on the sofa.
She turns in her seat with a relieved smile. Quickly I stride towards her.

" Celeste! I've been waiting for you"
" Me too I was training with Lorenzo. Guess what he's done now-"

I'm about to explain when Kiara forcefully grabs me by my hand to drag me off to the glass doors.
" QUICK RUN" she yells.

Whilst speeding out I try turning my head. Lorenzo.
He stalks towards us, eyebrows furrowed in fury.

I start to sprint away. Just before we reach the entrance I swivel my body.
Raising my finger a grin forms on my lips.
" Come on" Kiara shouts.

I follow her out as we both giggle and try to hold in our laughter.

Looking back behind, I make sure Lorenzo hasn't caught up with us.
No sight of him.

" Quick" Kiara exclaims pointing towards a taxi.
"Before both of those men chew our heads off" she sniggers as we both climb in hurriedly and I slam the door.

There's part of me that wishes it could be Lorenzo's face trapped in that door.
I bet he wouldn't have such a sharp jawline and perfectly carved features after that.

Kiara tells the cab driver the address of Lorenzo and Raffe's house and he speeds of.
How did she already get their address?

I face her about to ask but she's already showing me a screen.
A tablet from the front desk.
" I stole it for the location"

It takes around half an hour to get back to the house.

"honestly Ki how can someone be so insufferable?"I huff as Kiara and I jump out of the car.
" They did tell us they aren't average men. Clearly there just more annoying than most"
Immediately my gaze snags onto the mansion.
Breathtaking once again.
" They really must be minted" I say.

" Well yeah, where did they get the 4 million from?" Kiara answers, a smirk tugging on her lips.
" Watch out with all that smirking you might turn into Lorenzo"
" Oh yes look at me with my golden abs"
I laugh loudly at her terrible impression whilst we make our way up the stairs to their door.

Kiara takes the thin clip from her hair and begins picking the lock.
Since she always has her locker jammed, she always carries a pin no matter where she goes. Which is quite helpful for times like this.
" Yess" she smiles as the door swings open.
We stroll in.
Immediately I'm hit with a delicious smell.

I follow Kiara into the kitchen to see Nikoli stirring a pan.
" Well hello there Mrs Caldo, oh and Mrs Caldo"

An apron wraps around his body. A laugh escapes my lips as I notice the picture printed on the front.
Both the twins knocked out, drunk, on a street floor.
I'm assuming it was taken after a night out.

" I thought you were training at the range" he flicks his green eyes to us from the pan before glancing back.

" Yeah well we got fed up. Honestly Nikoli, how the hell do you keep up with them. Plus aren't you supposed to be there" Kiara huffs.

" Well we go way back to when we were born, I guess I kinda grew into their stubbornness" he sniggers.
" And I left after Zach told me I didn't need to help with the recruits. I can do some paperwork here"

" This is coming from a man wearing an apron with a picture of the twins" I mock.

" I paid good money for this. Anyway, seeing as you are back you can help me make dinner"