Chapter 56- moping

Lorenzo Pov:

" You were like black out drunk an hour ago" I laugh to Nik. Somehow he's still lugging his two suitcases down the hotel corridor. A loud huff sounds from him every minute or so as the wheels catch in the thick carpet.
" Well I'm fine now aren't I?" He flicks his head, to where I'm walking behind, with a wide grin.

He's always been like that. I still remember on his sixteenth birthday, he managed to drink nearly half the bar. When we got back to the range he ran straight to the training rooms and spent the next half an hour shoving his fists into punching bags. I'd had the worst headache I think I've ever experienced but Raffe and I still sat at the back of room, watching, bewildered, as he punched his fists into the bags. Yet Nik barely had a hang over the next day.

" Are you sure you want get on a flight like this?" I ask. Admittedly he seems ok.

" I'm fine dad" Nik chuckles loudly and grins towards me again. I raise my eyebrows but he's turned around too quick to notice. Still looking forward, he begins to speak again.

" You didn't really drink that much tonight. In fact did you drink anything? It's literally your birthday"

I knew this was coming.

" I had a sip of Raffe's beer. I'm not really in the mood"

" I know what this is about. Come on you still can't mope around about Celeste"

" She broke up with me like a day ago. Give me a break"

A large sigh sounds from him. I feel a smile on my lips as Nik desperately tugs on his suitcase to remove the carpet caught in his wheel. After the third attempt he seems to finally be able to move it again. He turns towards me with raised brows.

" I get that your sad, well actually you seem very sad,but you can't let it stop you from doing like every day things. Plus it's your birthday"

" I don't think getting extremely drunk is an everyday thing for me Nik."

" You get my point smart ass. I don't know, you've never seemed this upset about a break up before"

" You say like I've had about twenty"

" Not far off"

I nudge him in the waist jokingly and let out a laugh as he stumbles straight into a wall.

" I don't know ok Enzo. I just don't think I've ever been this upset over a break up. This morning when we came into your room you had your arm out where she used to sleep. Like you were trying to hold her"

My stomach flips. I feel like throwing up. I hadn't even realised. I'm still so in love with her. There's no use denying it. I try to answer jokingly, to push the thoughts away.

" What serious relationships have you had? The middle aged woman who cheat on their husbands with you"

I watch as he raises his hands in defeat.

" Well just to say, Beth was seriously considering leaving her husband for me. He can't do the things I can"

" Well last I checked Beth is still with him, and the wall he punched in your room has still not recovered"