Chapter 22- fake

Celeste POV:

I'd signed the papers.

There was nothing I could do to change that now.

I'd have to be a "distraction" for a whole year.

Great.

" We're going out tonight, so you might want to get ready" Lorenzo says as he hides the papers away in his desk draw.

" Ok, I'm gonna go shower then"
I've still got a headache from last night and the conversation with Kiara.

Or shall I say when I burst out crying and sobbed into Kiara's shoulder.

My faces is probably still red and blotchy.

I'm surprised none of the boys have made a snide remark about it yet.

I brush my thoughts out of the way and run up the stairs and into Lorenzo's room to grab a dress.

Most of my belongings are in his bedroom now, my actual bedroom looks a bit abandoned.

Until he gets more used to his nightmares, I'm pretty sure I'll be using his room everyday.

I hear the creak of the door and when I turn around I see Enzo.

His eyes furrow in confusion and he stalks over to me taking the dress out of my hand.

" What's this?" he mutters examining the dress.

" A dress dumbass"

I watch as he rolls his eyes and then peers back down at the silky blue piece of material in my hands.

" Yes I know that but I thought you were going to wear the dress I bought you" he throws my dress onto the drawer and starts looking for another.

" I don't want to wear that" I scoff clearly annoyed.

" But I bought that dress especially for tonight"

He fixes his eyes onto mine but I turn away.

"And I don't have less of a fucking care to wear it!"

He furrows his eyebrows in confusion even more.

" I showed it to you the other day. You said you liked it!?"

He doesn't seem angry just more worried.

" Well I don't fucking want to wear it. Why don't you get a girl who isn't just a fucking distraction to wear it" I huff and sit on the bed.

Lorenzo softly grips my chin and lifts it to his. I can feel his breath on mine.

If I could punch him, I would.

Forcefully, I push him away.

" Get off me" I hiss.

I thought he might get angry but instead he just asks "Are you okay?"

" For fucks sake I'm fine Lorenzo just get off" I push him off harder.

But in reality, I'm No where near.

" Well if your fine, what is your fucking problem? You've avoided me all day and every time I try talk or touch you, you just blow me off. And now you don't want to wear the dress I fucking bought especially for tonight. It was expensive" he throws his hands in the air.

"oh and this is coming from the fucking son of a mafia who lives in a mansion owns a billion cars and buildings across the fucking city" I mimic him throwing my fists into the air.

"Your acting as if I chose this life. Who said I wanted to be apart of the mafia? Yes it has its fucking perks but I kill people, I have a fucked up dad and these stupid fucking nightmares,"He runs his hands through his tousled hair aggressively and sighs.

" And your right I don't give a fuck about that shitty dress. I just want to know what your fucking problem is?"

How stupid is he?

" You want to know what my fucking problem is? All I am... all we are is just a fucking distraction, oh wait let me correct myself, we are a fucking fake relationship!"I scream.

I start pacing around the room and rummaging through the draws to get a dress.

" Celeste, that's what the deal is. We need distractions so everyone thinks we're an actual couple"

Suddenly, I feel tears start to well in the corner of my eyes.

Why am I crying?

Why am I fucking crying?

" Well what was this morning then? No one could even see us." I storm right up to him and focus to his eyes.

His eyes.

Out of all the rage building up in him, his eyes were full of peace and they were calm.

" Oh my god Celeste we just kissed and this morning was a distraction" he lifts his stare from me and turns around.

" Well no one told me this would all be a lie" I try wiping my tears away with the back of my hand.

" You act like we need to run away and elope for fucks sake. We're not actually engaged, it's FAKE. When we kissed and this morning, it was just to convince the other Mafia's we are together. IT'S FOR WORK" he comes back to me.

" This morning was not just a distraction. No one was even there. So how the fuck would that be work?" My tears are gone and now all I have are questions.

He Doesn't answer my question and the room fell silent.

"Why do you even care?" He mumbles.

" Oh my god. Are you blind? I like you. And I thought maybe we were more than just a fake relationship" I face away from him.

He stays silent again until he finally begins

" Your right, we are just a fake relationship. That's all we will be, I'm not planning on falling love anytime soon"

Did he actually just say that?

In that moment I feel like killing him.

Every muscle in me tensed and my fists were balled.

"You know what?" I storm up to him.

"What?" He mutters as his puts his head into his palms.

"You don't even deserve love, even if it was your dying wish" I look him dead in the eye.

"But you know what you do deserve?" He lift his chin to mine.

He stares at me blankly.

"You deserve your nightmares." I take the dress I wanted to wear and storm out of his room.