Chapter 45- childhood

Kiara POV:

The boys came rushing in the house yelling in victory. Nik rolls his eyes at the twins and thuds down next to me on the table.

"Fucking twats" he mutters to himself and hits his fists the the table.

Vittoria comes rushing in as soon as she hears the noise of the table. She tuts her lips and skates her head. "Once a sore loser, always a sore loser" she laughs then continues "now because you lost you need to cook Dinner!"

She pulls Nik out of his seat as he whines and finally reaches the kitchen. "Screw you all" he flips everyone off and starts cooking.

————————————————————————————
"Oh remember the time Raffael broke his arm on the trampoline" Marco cackles to himself hitting raffe's arm.

Raffe rolls his eyes and I find him looking at me.

His deep eyes set on my smile and searched my face for some sort of answer. I returned the gaze and examined his features.

His hair was tousled and fell just before his eyes, his lips followed leading to his jaw. All were nice but his eyes were what stood out. All tones of the deepest blue faded into the darkest of greens. His eyebrows sat thick on top but not too thick to be his main feature.

I quickly took my stare off him and focussed back to Marco.

"I could go on about their childhood, honestly, but why don't we finally hear about you two"

The focus of the talk went to me and Celeste as we sat frozen in our seats.

"Um well if I'm being honest, my childhood was quite generic!" Cel said in the most enthusiastic way.

"I was decent at school, joined most clubs and had the typical best friend" she frantically through her hands in the air after nudging me.

"Ah that sounds lovely!" Vittoria replied. "What about you kiara?"

I knew this was coming. But I wasn't prepared right now.

My cheeks rushed red as I finally began to speak. "Well I-"

I turned to see Raffe completely focussed on me and what I was about to say. I turned back and began again. "Well Unlike Cel, My... childhood was quite chaotic" I gulped down the words and began clutching my dress underneath the table.

"My relationship with my mum wasn't any good and I haven't really talked to her since she left" the words started to sting as I got them out.

"But as for school, I'm not too bad!" I try lightening my words.

"I was captain of the netball squad  and we got into a few championships." I take a sip of water and gulp down the final words.

"Ah I see, not much different to the boys then I guess"
Marco takes a harsh bite out of his food in some sort of anger.

I completely forgot about their situation. Although it wasn't the same it was still relatable so in that sense I did feel bad for them.

————————————————————————————

I take the rest of the glasses from the table and tumble to the kitchen sink. "Here let me help" Raffe takes one of the plates and begins washing it.

"You really don't-" I start trying to take the plate back from him.

"No," he huffs taking the plate and finishes washing it.

I couldn't help but notice the way he did things. He was so tall  that half his body bent down to reach the sink. Although I wasn't short myself, he seemed gigantic.