Chapter 32- try

Lorenzo POV:

" You need to start training Cel. Especially after last night. You need to be able to protect yourself."

I say to Celeste, whilst opening the door to the compound.

" I do, don't I? I come to the range with you and sometimes I actually help you with the classes."
She huffs loudly, rubbing her eyes.

She was still tired from last night and honestly, I don't blame her.

" Yes but you need to start actually training, with knives and guns. Also in real body combat. I'll be the one training you, I'm not gonna send you off with a random one of my colleagues."

Slowly, she turns around facing me, wincing at the wound on her shoulder.

Fuck.

It just makes me feel even more guilty for taking her out last night.

I knew the Eagles would attack, but I didn't think this soon.

And why when I was just fucking trying to take my fiancée out for dinner?

Celeste desperately needs to start properly training if we're going to take her on the mission in Venice.

I don't know what I would fucking do with myself if she got even more hurt.

If she got killed.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing it was my fault.

Last night, they tried kidnapping her. God knows what they'll try next time.

She walks over to where I'm stood, rubbing her shoulder.

" Ok, I'll train with you. As long as you don't treat me like last time" she smirks, raising her eyebrows.

" Your the one who threw a knife at me. I could of died" I mock back.

She rolls her eyes, playfully hitting me on the shoulder.

" You know I am really sorry for last night, I wouldn't of taken you out if I'd known. I'll take you on a date another time" I sigh.

She looks up at me, right at my eyes.

" It's fine. It wasn't your fault. I got to wear that ridiculously expensive dress anyway."

She reaches up on her tiptoes and grabs training gear from one of the shelves.

" Enzo don't blame yourself. My shoulders fine." She still winces at every movement.

—————————————————————
It's around nine-thirty by the time we reach the building where I was training her.

I take Her into one of the private rooms, Raffe says he going to talk over the plan for the mission with Kiara.

Nikoli's teaching a class of recruits on body combat.

" So what are you training me today Lorenzo? I don't have to call you Mr Caldo do I?" Celeste laughs as we walk in to the room.

"Lorenzo is fin. Unless you prefer yours." I snigger at my own words.

She rolls her eyes at me, but she's still grinning.

" Anyway, we're working on your gun skills today."

I walk over to the wall, picking out a pistol from the collection hanged up. I hope this will be easier for her to use.

I pass it over ,taking my own pistol from my back pocket.