Chapter 59- dance

The twinkling and bright lights cascade through the room as I enter holding Celeste with one hand whilst linking my other through Raffe's.

His steam pressed suit fitted him slightly tightly, outlining his back muscles and his tie hung loosely around his neck.

"And this is where it all begins" Nik grins to himself widely as he swings a drink to his hand from the waiter walking pass.

The room was absolutely mesmerising. From the low chandeliers to the grand paintings hanging high across the beige coloured walls. The warm aroma of honey and sugar filled the air as I walked past the table of desserts. I take a look at everyone here dressed in dazzling suits and sparkly dresses.

The soft strum of guitars play as the hypnotic melody of the grand piano tune in the distance.

"Remind me of the plan" I nod to Enzo as he replies with a reassuring smile.

"First the toasts, we let Jonathon chief of commandment, lead his annual opening statements"

"Who is that again?" Celeste raises her eyebrows with confusion glancing around at potential suspects.

"Bald, grey suit with a girl 20 years younger than him latched to his arm" Nik nods to the direction where we all finally spot who Jonathon is.

"Then we let the dance commence until our dad opens the dinner with his "eagles are always one step closer but we are 2 steps ahead" speech. That's where we also have the chance to tell everyone about our... arrangements" His words linger towards the end of the sentence as he glances to Celeste with worry in his eyes.

She replied with a calm tone only by fluttering her lashes then turning to face me.

"And what do we do?" I ask impatiently. I notice Raffe's eyes gaze to mine for no longer than a second before he readjusts his tie for the third time.

"You go along with whatever we say but as soon as the speech is done we all meet at the 3rd exit by the canopy on the third floor. That's also when you grab each of your individual weapons so you rule out any chances of danger." Nik steps between me and Raffe and stares me down.

"Kiara, your weaponry is in the left atrium on the second floor, Celeste yours is on the left wing on the first floor. And you two already know where each of yours are stationed" his voice sounds serious for once and his mind seems stressed as he glared towards the two brothers firmly. Nik was never serious but I'm glad he is now.

"After the meet up we all need to be out of here and at the HQ in less than 10. We will guide both of you step through step so don't worry. Just stay safe for now and we'll see you later." Enzo shifts himself away from us and strides his way over to a familiar looking pair of agents.

Celeste and Nik head towards the same direction which I was going to follow but my hands are grasped by a warm yet firm pair of hands.

I turn to face him but I only see the back of his shaggy hair in return. He grabs me, taking me behind a pillar in the corner of the room.

"God Raffe what are you doing now. You can't just-" my words are interrupted by the harsh kiss he leaves on the surface of my lips. His hands cups my jaw and his breathing becomes jagged.

"Raffe you-" I try spitting out the words but my flusters take over me.

"Kiara I just need to tell you. Tell you everything before all the bullshit speeches and the constant running away and fighting." His breathing is faster and heavier and he inches closer to me closing any personal space I ever had.

"I want this to mean something. I really do." He kisses me harder this time, more aggressive and hungry.

"From the moment I met you, not a day goes by where you haven't invaded my thoughts. Everything I try to distract myself from always leads to you." He becomes breathless against my lips and rummages his hand through my hair to the back of my neck.

"I'm in agony." His eyes search for mine and then finally they meet.

"So much agony. And the longer I spend with you the worse it gets" he whispers into the edge of my ear, muffling his words.

"Raffe please I-" I force out the words but I'm taken over by the gentle kisses he trails down my neck. His love language almost has a pattern. three traces down two right. His heated kisses are filled with fury and anger yet a spark of yearning ness courses through him.

"Please Kiara. I need you." His hands envelop mine as he leads me into a door opening a dim lit room with nothing but tables lurking around.

He pushes me against the harsh edge, gently guiding me to sit upright. His kisses are now electric sending shock waves throughout my body. Each kiss igniting some spark within my veins.

I pull him closer into me straddling my legs around him. His blazer is stripped off as I beging unbuttoning his fresh shirt. He tugs annoyed at his tie, desperately wanting it off.

I use it to my advantage pulling him into me  by the middle of his tie. His lips graze mine softly before he plunges them further in.

His hands wander everywhere across my body sending electrical signals down my spine. "You are so good Ki, so good"

His words are mumbled underneath his harsh kisses as I hoist myself upright against his thighs. "Raffe we can't do this here" I mutter not giving a care behind any of the words I just said.

I wanted this. I wanted him. Right here and right now.