chapter 42- burglary

Kiara pov:

For the first time I find myself not just laughing, but with him. As soon as I realise I stop myself and settle my eyes back to the stars. He notices and does the same. He points at a spot in the sky in between two puffy clouds. "You know star is called 'Sirius'" He smiles to himself as if he told me the most genius fact.

"I know," I huff and look beside it. "And there is the 'Procyon'" I smirk as I see his smile fade into frown. He shuffles closer to me then turns his gaze to mine. "For an eighteen year old, you are quite smart" He quickly turns away.

"Did the Raffael Caldo just compliment me!" I pretend to drop my jaw out of shock only for him to huff back at me. "and you're only a year older than me" I roll my eyes and go to my bed.

He leans onto the railing of the balcony and stares at me. His eyes don't stop searching my body, as if he was looking for something. Then suddenly he stops at my lips, he found what he was looking for. I break the contact and begin rummaging my drawers for pj's.

"If you're going to stay longer, at least turn away" I hiss at him as i gesture the clothes in my hands.

"Don't flatter yourself," He rolls his eyes and faces the door. I quickly change but not moments later there's a noise.

"what was that?" I his at Raffe. the floor creaks behind me as I go to the door.

Thud.

The noise comes again, this time sounding closer.

Thud. then footsteps following.

fuck.

The door clicks twice and once more. "What-" I turn to Raffe but he just covers my mouth with his hands.

His really big and veiny hands. I shake the thought away and try focussing back at the door. There are continuous thuds and bangs, almost as if we are being burgled. I look up expecting to see Raffe to know what's happening, but he to, is confused. I hear a loud door slam echoing the whole house. Everyone is dead silent.

what if Celeste is gone?

The questions lingers in my head until I finally decide to go to her. I quickly open the door and run down the hall to her room. She's not there. My head rushes with pain. where is she? I turn back only to see Raffe behind me. He shoves me back into the room and locks the door.

"someone's broken in, Lorenzo and the others are safe in the guest room!" He reassures me.

we are being burgled. Or killed.

I almost choke on my thoughts but Raffe wraps his arms around my waist shushing me. He slowly pulls the pistol from his leg and unlocks the door. The door clicks but his hand isnt on the handle. It slams open and a masked man aims his gun at me.

shit.

He pulls his trigger and BANG!

I fall onto the floor from Raffe's impact. He shoots at the intruder and doesn't stop until his body hits the ground. I try pulling myself to the bed, but I can't help but wince. I look down to my chest and see blood. My ribs were in a pool of my own blood. "shit. shit, shit" Raffe runs back to me holding me up.

He leans me against the bed side table, examining the shot. Lorenzo, Celeste and NIK follow into the room, jumping over the body then straight to me. I see all their faces surrounding me, blurring at every second, until I see black.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up In my bed, the sheets drenched in the same blood I am. My eyes shift to the side, expecting to see Celeste but instead I see piercing blue eyes. He dips A cloth into a pot then back to my bare skin. It stings, making me wince. He looks up at me in worry but I reassure him with a crooked smile.

"thank god" He sighs still dabbing the cloth on my wound. He seemed to clear it up really well, except for the odd splodges of blood around a small hole. "scared? about me? wow I really have affected you Caldo" I laugh at my stupid remark only to see him grinning back.

"more like scared of letting the eagles what they want" He huffs back at me. "The others are with the intruder from last night." He finally plasters my shot and stands up.

"an eagle?" I wince as I try getting up. He lets out his hand and I take it.

"why don't you see for yourself" He takes me to the room next door. Everyone is sat around him checking his whole body. Celeste kicks his lifeless body and find a gun in his satchel. "Bastard" She hisses at him.

I laugh catching her attention. She embraces me in her arms hitting my wound. "ow!" I push her back a little. she apologizes then hugs again, slightly more gentle.

"So does anyone want to fill me in?" I sit down on the bed waiting for answers.

"I'm sure Raffe does" Nik giggles to himself as we all give him a deathly stare. immediately, He shuts himself up and begins looking back at the body. " an eagle, sent to take back what we stole, and I guess they couldn't find it, so, you were a target" Lorenzo explains as He starts taking the body.

great.

" wow so I am now a target, great" I hiss as I try getting up again.

"A hot one" Nik winks at me as I nod in agreement and Raffe kicks him in the back.