Chapter 10- public

Kiara POV:

I rub my eyes, trying to wake up.
The sun beams through the low windows to create a yellow tone cast across the room.

Reluctantly, I push up from my bed and head to the bathroom.

After doing some skin care and general toiletries, I try finding some clothes.

Lorenzo has said he ordered some in but I didn't think he'd ordered this much.

I scramble through finally picking out a navy blue hoodie and black leggings.
The clothes fit perfectly but him getting my size right isn't at all surprising. They clearly did research.

When I finally get downstairs a strong aroma of pancakes hit me.
I squint my eyes to realise a tall dark haired man flipping pancakes in the air.
Lorenzo?

He turns to face me whilst throwing a pancake onto a nearby plate.
His blue eyes skim over my messy hair before returning to fix on my eyes.
Raffe.

"Nice... pancakes"
I try easing the tension, but his glare is still stuck on me.

He doesn't  take his eyes of me.
And I don't take mine from his.

We stare in silence for what feels like an eternity until I finally grab a chair and place myself down in it.
Turning my gaze towards the breakfast bar,  I notice five plates stacked with fresh pancakes and take one.

" That's mine."
Yet again he returns his stare to me.
I take another of the plates but he pulls it harshly back.
"Enzo's"
Slowly his lips twist into a low grin.
I go for another but he halts me a third time.
"Nik's"
Two plates left and he still has his eyes focused directly onto me.

Before I can even reach again  he takes both plates.
"Your friends and the dogs"
A chuckle rumbles from his chest.

"You don't even have a fucking dog?"

"You're a bitch aren't you?"
Incapable of containing his laughter, Raffe begins slapping his knees.

I only stare him down.
A few seconds later and he finally gets the message.

"Want another hit to the face, I'm sure I could straighten up that face of yours" I ball my fists to throw them to the air.

He raises his arms in surrender and shoves one of the plates back into my direction.
Not even minutes later the rest of the house stumbles down to eat.

I can't  lie, Raffe is a good cook, far better than I thought he would be. But I still dislike him. Him and his cockiness. And his stubbornness. Even his stupid eyes.

Stop. Kiara stop.
I shake the thought of my out of my head.

A buzz vibrates from Lorenzo's phones catching my attention. Swiftly he picks it  up  and leaves with Raffe.

"What do you think that's about" Celeste nudges my arm.

I shrug, picking  at my pancakes.
" Maybe someone's finally telling them they're pricks"
The  twins stroll back into the room before she can answer, both with a shared frustrated expression.

"Father says," Raffe begins.
"I mean our father, says we need to be more...public with our little arrangement"
He hesitates.
"That means?" Celeste questions, eyebrows raised.
"Go out in a public area to be seen then rumoured" Lorenzo answers.
"We need to go on a date"
I can't refrain from rolling my eyes.
"Perfect"
————-
It's now approaching 6pm and we have made arrangements to go for dinner as our public 'date'.
I'm wearing a curvy red dress that hooks at my hips and golden hooped earrings.