Chapter 19- distraction

Kiara POV:

Raffe drove us all to the mafia base.

I keep forgetting they are literally killers.

Mafias.

I focus back to the room.

We walk to an empty office until it slowly starts filling in with men and women who look middle aged.

"Who are-" I asked Raffe.

"Welcome everybody to this months board meeting," he scanned the room and then focused on me.

"As you all know, my brother and I have recently been engaged." He looked towards his brother then back to me.

"This is Kiara and Celeste"

We both smiled and nodded our heads.

I felt more awkward then ever.

All eyes were on us. Searching for answers.

"You are all to let them in through any security even if we aren't there, they are welcome to anything and you won't lay your hands on either of them." He looked around the room eyeing everyone then again, back to me.

"As our team you follow our orders, anyone who disobeys, is out" he sat down and drank from a glass of water.

As he sat down everyone started to leave until it was just the four of us.

"We are all going to the falcons club tonight, we aren't doing enough... engaging" Lorenzo stood up and stared at me and Raffe.

"What?" I spat out.

"You too need to be more," he paused.

"More like a couple" he finished.

"We need to go and start getting everything ready." Raffe replied.

We all got up and started moving.

"Other mafia leagues are gonna be there, I'll get you a dress and Lorenzo?" Raffe began heading out of the building.

"I've got hers. I'll drive them home." He replied as we all reached outside.

——————————-

A few hours passed since the meeting and Raffe was still not here.

Celeste was ready and so was Lorenzo.

She wore a thin and short black dress. It went just below her thighs and the neck was short.

She looked stunning.

Lorenzo wore a white shirt, buttons undone up to his chest, showing his tattoo. A sun.

They both looked good.

Yet I was still in a towel.

I heard the door open and steps following up the stairs.

Finally.

I went into Raffe's room and saw him at the doorway.

He handed me a bag.

I quickly searched and found the dress.

"There's no time I'm just gonna change here"

I look back at him.

He's standing arms crossed and head leaning on the door frame.

His shirt was black, plain and undone up to his chest. Like Lorenzo, he has a tattoo of some sort of sun. His tanned skin compliments the shirt and his hair is tousled.