Chapter 24- attention

Celeste POV:

I showered in my own room and put the blue dress on.

I admit the dress he bought me was prettier than this one but I didn't fucking want to wear anything he bought me.

I'm so pissed at him.

Fuck liking him, I hate him.
What was I even thinking, he's basically a murderer.

I apply some lipgloss, brush my hair again and spray some perfume on before going downstairs into the living room

where is everyone?

" Ahh look who's finally arrived" Lorenzo sniggers rolling his eyes.

The nerve that man has-

" Fuck off" I yell whilst walking out to the Range Rover not giving him anything to say.

I slump down in the car next to Kiara and peer out the window looking into the garden.

It's massive like one of those gardens in the manor houses you can visit.

The grass is lush and many flowers entwine round terraces, others planted in the wide beds.
Their garden is beautiful, just like the mansion and interior.

We drive in silence and I continue to stare out of the window not moving.

It's only half way through the drive when the quiet is broken.

"Are you ok?" Kiara asks carefully placing her hand on mine.

I watch as Lorenzo's hands tighten on the steering wheel and anger seems to seep into his eyes.
He could be a bit less obvious, for gods sake.

I nod my head slowly not wanting to say anymore.
——————————————————————
It's around half an hour later when we finally arrive at the Belladonna for the board meeting.

I'm walking into the restaurant when suddenly Lorenzo comes up bedside me.

" We need to look like a couple so take my hand" he whispers into my ear, grazing his fingers over mine.

I move out the way and push him away.

I don't want to be anywhere near him let alone hold his hand.

" Celeste it's for fucking work, just take my hand. Your the one who agreed to the deal"

He runs his hands through his hair and bites his lip, frustrated.

" Well I don't want to take your sweaty hand"

" Do I look like I want to touch you either!? I'm just as fucking pissed of at you as your are me" he huffs.

"And my hands aren't sweaty" he looked worried as he started checking his hands.

" You don't want to touch me? This is coming from the one who had their hands all over my body this morning, moaning just at the sight of it" I hiss

He sighs aggressively.

" That's before you became a bitch and told me I deserved my nightmares." He walked faster.

" For fucks sake get over it. I could of said worse. You sound like a child"

" Just fucking take my hand Celeste"

" Fine" I snarl and grab his hand digging my nails into the pads of his palm.

He rolls his eyes, and drags me over to the table where we're greeted by a group of the twins colleagues from the Mafia.