41 Comfort

"Listen up, sexy. Since you've been pleasantly blessed with the gift of spending a Saturday with me, I've decided to honor you with the journey... of a lifetime."

"It's too early for you to be this way."

"That's why you got a cup of coffee." I nod with a smirk. "Anyway, as I was saying, on Saturdays... we smoke flowers."

I whip out my marijuana wand labeled 'wedding cake' and take a mighty drag. I really wonder what I look like from his point of view. With my legs crossed in front of him, swimming in his shirt with no makeup on.

Don't even get me started on my point of view. My, oh my. A calm beast against a headboard. Golden muscles on white cotton sheets. Chaotic umber hair, fire eyes and amused lips.

The morning breeze moves the curtains in a hypnotic dance. Streaks of sunlight sneak to caress our skin. Two cups of coffee. One pitch black. Another with cream.

"So you're trying to tell me...that the rude ass bitch who thinks happy hours should be banned, is a pothead on the weekends?"

"This rude ass bitch knows something about life and is willing to pass the wisdom down. If those below are smart enough to take it."

"Don't make me put my coffee down."

With a sigh, I take a sip of mine. "Rude ass bitch."

~

After paying for that consequence, I convince Lucas to go to a hipster restaurant for some overpriced, aesthetically pleasing pancakes.

I don't care about the price, I'm not a gold digger. I'm just amused because it makes Lucas miserable.

That 'soul sucked out of his body' expression really makes me laugh. In a 'throw my head back, fall on my side' kind of way. I've never laughed like that. Never really had a reason.

So, when I bark at the ugly dog, whose unaware owner is having breakfast on the opposite side, I don't do it because I'm crazy. I do it to embarrass Lucas.

"Shut up." He smiles like I'm holding him hostage.

But I'm too determined. The dog won't acknowledge me. What type of a dog ignores a bark? Isn't he supposed to be good at hearing?

"Ruff! Ruff! Ruff!" I try to keep it quiet yet authentic. But the bug-eyed idiot is more impressed with a chair.

So I change tactics. "Meow... meow.... meow...."

Lucas snorts under his breath and I'm getting annoyed. This dog has no care! Not even fazed by the enemy?

"What type of a sound does a chicken make?"

"Don't do—"

"Cluck! Cluck! Cluck! Cluck!"

Lucas chuckles, palming his face. The dog finally makes eye contact with me.

"It worked! Ruff! Ruff! Ruff!"

The scowling owner turns to his dog, thinking he's the one barking and picks him up. I laugh at him for getting scolded because of me.

Lucas rubs his forehead, refusing to look up. I poke the dimple on his cheek.

~

After eating, I convince him to go grocery shopping. It's 1 PM. I figure we could have lunch before I set him free to go back to his boring life. So he misses us a little.

The plan is to feed him a homemade sandwich, then make him watch an episode of 'Toradora!'

Standing at the produce aisle. I gulp at the sight of Lucas picking tomatoes. It's like witnessing your favorite celebrity doing something mundane like the rest of us.