59 Study Buddies

I almost die when I have to leave Lucas. My throat is dry with need when he stops his car by my building and turns to look at me.

"Bye." His lips stretch into a slow smile, as if he knows exactly what's going on in my head.

"Bye." I narrow my eyes at him.

Instead of replying, he lowers his gaze down to my lips, parting his mouth just for the tip of his tongue to run over his bottom lip. Subtly, his square jaw shifts and Adam's apple bobs before he drags his slow, dark gaze back up.

"Yeah bye." I push the door open and fly out, sighing in relief for the cold air on my face.

I walk to my apartment but look over my shoulder only to find him staring, not at all embarrassed for getting caught. I roll my eyes, but smile as I walk ahead only to curiously check again and find him still staring.

It's not until I go inside and shut the door that he turns on his car and finally drives off.

I lean against the door and close my eyes as the fantasy of him appears in front of me. Pinned by a possessive glare with arms by my sides, telling me I'm his and not going anywhere.

"No." I slap myself. "Bad Layla, bad."

I stomp to take a cold shower, which accidentally turns into a hot one. Wink wink.

"Miss me?" He texts later at 10 PM when I'm in a silk babydoll on my bed, watching 'Sense8.'

"No."

"Too bad. Cause I miss you."

"Federico! Your father is torturing us!"

Federico is facing the wall to think about his career plans, because I'm not comfortable with him staring at me when I'm half naked.

"It's okay... I'll handle it." I drawl, feeling guilty for bothering.

I lie on my back and bend my knees in a feminine angle, snapping a picture from my chest down to my legs. The image is dark blue with a small source of red light which... admittedly is from a sleeping puppy night light that I bought from the kid's section.

"Hopefully not too much." I send along with the image and get an immediate reply.

"Fuck..."

"Oops." I smirk.

"You're killing me..."

"Good."

"What are you doing in that?"

"Waiting for my other boyfriend, Ignacio."

During the two minutes he doesn't reply, I worry about my blood pressure and wonder if I'm too young to buy one of those machines that measures it.

"Alright. I'm on my way." He finally texts.

"What???"

"To kill him."

And they say romance is dead.

"Why? I like him."

"Then I'll kill you too."

And now I'm laughing at a death threat.

"Good. Then you'll rot in jail and finally experience anal."

~

He calls the next morning at 10 AM.

"Morning, beautiful. Are you still in bed?"