vi. saturday night glee-ver

Season Three. Episode Sixteen. Saturday Night Glee-ver.

BLAINE, BRITTANY AND MIKE HAD JUST PERFORMED 'I SHOULD BE DANCING' BY THE BEE GEE AND THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. Ruby thought her friends were brilliant as she always did but Mr Schue was now wanting to dedicate this entire weeks lesson to disco. The glee club didn't always agree on things, that much was true but one thing they did collectively agree on was; disco sucks.

Mr Schue had completely hit a brick wall with what to do with his kids, now they had shut down his idea for a disco week and had found himself crawling to Sue for help. "Honestly, I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm out of ideas."

"Oh, let's be honest, William. You've been out of ideas since Madonna week. Why don't you just embrace that lazy, horribly treacly style of teaching and assign them a famous album?"

"I did that last year." Mr Schue pointed out casually, though Sue's idea wasn't the worst he'd ever heard.

"Yes. I remember, William and your Rumours week was a resounding success in that it seemed to solve everyone's problems for about five minutes." Sue pointed out bluntly, causing Will to stop lazily throwing his ball of rubber bands.

"No I'm not talking about just any album, William. How about the soundtrack that defined a generation? Wait for it -- Saturday Night Fever!"

"I love that album!"

"You bet your ass, you love that album!"

"But there's just one problem -- they hate disco." Mr Schue grimaced, the fact pained him.

"But they love swag! Let's give them something to fight over!"

Sue looked over at Mr Schue smugly as he quickly contemplated the idea before sending Sue a matching smirk.

***

THE NEW DIRECTIONS ALL LOOKED AT THE GIANT PERSPEX DANCE FLOOR THAT WAS NOW IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CHOIR ROOM IN CONFUSION. Ruby was sure that they had all collectively shut down Mr Schue's idea of doing disco this week, as much as she loved the idea of it every once in a while. There was no way they were doing disco for Regionals, they'd be laughed out of the show choir world more than they already were.

"Did someone steal our floor?" Brit asked as she clasped her eyes on the dance floor.

"Don't worry, we'll have it back by the end of the week. In the meantime, Sue has lent us her..."

"My very own personal, one of a kind, lit from within, shatterproof, plexiglas dance floor. Modelled, of course on the dance floor immortalised by a young musky John Travolta at the height of his potency in the legendary dansical -- Saturday Night Fever."

"Coach Sylvester, while we applaud your proper use of the terminology, we told Mr Schue we do not support disco in this room." Rachel piped up, speaking on behalf of everyone else. Puck nodding in agreement as he donned his 'Disco Sucks' shirt.

"Ahh but some of you do." Mr Schue pointed out, "So for this week's assignment we are going back in time, to the songs of Saturday Night Fever." He said, holding up the iconic record.