xv. glease

Series Four. Episode Six. Glease

MR SCHUESTER HAD JUST DROPPED THE NEWS THAT HE WAS LEAVING FINN IN CHARGE OF THE GLEE CLUB, whilst he was away in DC fighting for the arts which means that he was also in charge of overseeing the musical with Artie. Ruby thought this was great, it meant her best friend could show off his leadership skills to the new kids. Some of the new kids however weren't exactly thrilled with the idea that the nineteen year old was left running the glee club.

"Oh great, so you know Frankenteen over here is gonna make it the Ruby show whilst Schuester is away." Kitty snarked making Ruby whipped her head in her direction from where she was stood with Finn and Jake. "Excuse me?"

"Ohh please we all know you're his booty call since he ditched Berry." She laughed at the brunette before muttering to Unique "I don't know why, I mean look at him. He's wearing a cardigan for heavens sake."

"You know you what, say another word and I will drop you from the Cheerios so quick. You won't even realise until you've hit the ground sweetheart."

Ruby stepped forward to challenge the blonde when she was stopped, feeling a hand wrap around the top of her arm to stop her advancing on the cheerleader. "She's not worth it." She looked up at Jake, nodding before moving to sit down with him.

It was going to be a long couple of months without Mr Schue if they didn't play nice and quickly.

As a way of trying to make it up to Ruby and to get to know the rest of the girls better, Kitty invited all the girls to a sleepover at her house. Claiming she wanted to have some real friends. So thats what they did, they all congregated to Kitty's house for a "fun" sleepover.

*Look At Me, I'm Sandra Dee performed by Kitty, Ruby, Brittany, Tina, Sugar & Unique*

***

THE WEEK RUNNING UP TO THE MUSICAL HAD BEEN FULL STEAM AHEAD FOR THE GLEE CLUB. Ruby had taken a seat at the production table to help take the load off of Finn and Artie with all the drama they were facing within the cast and in true Ruby Carter fashion probably bit off more than she could chew.

"Marley love, don't worry. We'll have Tina take out the waist of your skirt. It'll be fine, I promise." Ruby said as she sped past the girl who was panicking about her costume, on her way to reach Blaine who seemed to also be freaking out.

Blaine was sat in the corner of the choir room and was a moment away from running for the hills when Ruby sat next to him."Hey!" Ruby smiled, "Why the long face Anderson? What's got you in such a tizz?"

"Kurt and Rachel are coming to watch and I haven't seen him since we broke up. I can't do this Ruby, I just cant!"

"Blaine Anderson look at me." Ruby grabbed on to Blaine's hands, "You are going to be the best god damn teen angel this world has ever seen. You don't need to worry about Kurt or Rachel or even me. You just need to sing your ass off because you're the most talented person I know. Got it."

"Thanks Angel. Love you."  He sent her a soft smile.

"Love you too Silly."  She leant over to give him a hug when Artie sped into the choir room in a panic.

"Unique's parents found out she was playing Rizzo and pulled her from the show. We've got no Rizzo!!!"  He excalimed.

"Bee can play her!" Following the direction of the voice, Ruby looked at Sam with wide eyes.

"I can't just go on! None of you have rehearsed with me! The chemistry would be off and I will not be responsible for a shit show!" Ruby huffed at the ridiculous suggestion.

"Oh please. You were born to play this role and we all know the chemistry between you and Kenickie over here is through the roof. You'll blow the roof of this joint!" Santana sassed whilst making her grand entrance into the choir room.

Ruby ran to embrace her friend, "What are you doing here?"  She mumbled in her ear, whilst giving her best friend a squeeze.

"I couldn't miss your opening night as the best Rizzo Ohio has ever seen!"

"But nobody knew Unique wasn't going to do the show until two minutes ago!" exclaimed Ruby.

"Actually Squishy Tits rang me yesterday and practically begged me to come home, he had a feeling something would go wrong" Santana mused. "He knew you'd flap about being asked to step in and as your two best friends, no offence Lisa Rinna but we both knew the best form of persuasion was me! Plus you deserve it more than anyone. You'll blow Kenickie out of the water that's for sure" She smirked at the younger girl.

Turning around to look at the rest of the cast, Ruby held a panicked look across on her face, what if she screwed the entire show up because she forgot her lines. It was too much pressure. "It's true, you're the only Rizzo in my eyes." Finn said warmly.

"I actually can't imagine having anyone else but you by my side. Please Bee. We need you!" Sam pleaded, whilst reaching for her hand to give it a squeeze.

"Okay."  She spoke softly, a big grin making her way on to her face as the choir room cheered.

"So I'll happily take over on Rizzo. I might have to have my script in act two but I've got most of it down"  Tina rushed into the room and stopped when she noticed everyone looking awkwardly at her. "What?"

"We've already got our Rizzo, but thanks Tina!" Finn smiled awkwardly at his friend.

Taking notice of Santana who was stood hand in hand with Ruby, immediately got defensive. "Santana? You gave the part to Santana. She doesn't even go here anymore."

"Actually Lady Chang. I'm here to support my girl Bee at her opening night as Rizzo. So I'd reel it in if I were you!" Santana fired back at her.

"Yeah and if you replaced Unique. Who would play Jan? Thank you for stepping up though Tina it's really appreciated." said Finn.

"Right places in five everyone!" Artie clapped his hands before spinning and wheeling back to the auditorium.

"Someone get my girl her pink jacket stat!" Santana shouted as she pulled Ruby away to prepare her for the opening.

*Vocals by Naya Rivera. There Are Worst Things I Could Do performed by Ruby Carter*