xiii. britney 2.0

Series Four. Episode Two. Britney 2.0

BRITTANY HAD ALREADY GONE ON STRIKE AND HAD REFUSED TO SING IN GLEE CLUB. Coach Sylvester kicking her off her senior position on the cheerios was the last straw to send her into her downward spiral. Ruby was currently sat next to Brittany after being called into Sue's office after their performance of Britney's 'Hold It Against Me.'

"Brittany. I'm afraid it's time for a bit of tough love." Sue held up a piece of paper before sliding across the desk towards the two girls. "Here is the most recent algebra test of one Becky Jackson. Our plucky little ewok waddled her way to a respectable C plus." Sue folded her arms against her chest as she looked at the blonde.

"Ruby here has managed to keep up a 4.0 GPA as well as juggling being co-captain of the cheerios and winning two national championships last year." Sue pointed out, impressed at the brunette.

"Now your performance in the same exam, unearthed the hitherto undiscovered grade F minus. You answered every single question with 'see other side' where you composed an elaborate crayon-scape entitled Happy-ville: the town where math was never invented"

Sue looked unimpressed as she pressed Brittany for an answer. Leaning towards her exam paper Brit proceeded to explain what was happening in the drawing. "That's me and that's Santana. There's Kurt and Rachel in heaven. And that's you Coach Sylvester." She pointed everyone out, as Ruby looked at her friend with wide eyes as she tried to process what was happening.

"Brittany you're a terrible role model for the Cheerios. Last year I was in a haze of pregnancy hormones and I allowed your record breaking GPA to slide. My girls no longer see academic achievement as a worthy goal and yesterday I caught one of them trying to marry a squirrel."

Sue snatched the exam paper off the desk and threw it into her drawer in a flash of fury at Brittany's lack of responsibility. "That's because I believe in marriage equality for all land mammals."  Brit shrugged at Coach Sylvester, as if it was obvious and completely normal.

"Brittany. You're off the cheerios. Ruby drop the 'co' from your title!"

"Wait. Coach Sue let me tutor her. I helped Puck graduate last year and helped both Finn and Sam keep their grades up too!" Ruby pleaded to try and help her friend.

"I'm sorry Bee but not even your brain can salvage her grades. Now get the hell out of my office!"

***

MR SCHUE WAS ON HIS WAY TO THE CAFETERIA TO COLLECT RUBY SO THEY COULD GO FIND JAKE. He had a surprise for both of them waiting for them in the choir room. Whether it was a good or bad surprise was to be determined. What Mr Schue didn't anticipate was to walk into the cafeteria to find Jake mid scuffle and the small brunette trying to pull the six foot four football player off the younger Puckerman.

Quickly moving Ruby out of the way, Mr Shue grabbed Jake just like he had grabbed his brother plenty of times before and removed him from the cafeteria, motioning for Ruby to follow.

"Those guys started it and we're the ones being dragged to see Figgins?" Jake huffed, sending Ruby a look of disbelief.

"I'm not taking you to see Figgins." Mr Shue said upon entering the choir room.

"He's taking you to see me." Puck called out, making the two teens stop in their tracks.