xxi. girls (and boys) on film

Series Four. Episode Fifteen. Girls (and Boys) on film.

AFTER THE INTERESTING WEEKEND THAT WAS MR SCHUE'S WEDDING. Will was back to coaching Glee club alongside Finn to help coach them in the right direction for Regionals. And in true Will Schuester fashion; he had set a competition between the boys and the girls. The theme; their favourite songs from their favourite movies. 

Ruby was on her way to the choir room during her free period and was greeted by an image that literally had her frozen in her tracks. With a spring in her step, Ruby turned to cut through Mr Schue's office to get to the choir room. "Hey! Mr Schue said I'd find you in --"

Sam and Finn both looked at her like a deer caught in the headlights as they slowly turned towards the girl who was struggling to keep her laugh in at the sight in front of her.

Sam still had his hands on the waistband of his trousers that were round his ankles, knees still bent as he looked over his shoulder at her with wide eyes. Finn sat at his desk; eyes as wide as saucers as he looked at his best friend. Leaning on the door frame, Ruby folded her arms across her chest. "I'm not interrupting am I?"  She smirked.

"No -- ehh no. Finn was just trying to help me with something."

Ruby's hand flew to cover her mouth to try and suppress the cackle brewing in her chest at the two of them and failed miserably. "Oh I'm sure -- I'll just come back later, yeah?"

"NO!"  The two boys shouted in sync, amusing the brunette even more. "I mean, stay. Please!" Finn begged, gesturing to Sam who nodded his head in quick agreement.

"Hmmm kinky! Didn't know you were into that Hudson!"  She teased as he threw his back with a groan, digging the heel of his palms into his eyes in annoyance.

"What do you want Ruby?" Finn groaned.

"Do you know what boys, I can't even remember now!" Ruby let out another belly laugh, before making her way out of Mr Shue's office, her laughter bouncing off the walls as she made her way down the corridor.

She didn't even see the soft look Sam was giving her as he listened to her laugh; he adored the sound of her laughter, of her being happy. He was so enthralled by the girl he had yet to realise his pants were still around his ankles!

***

THE BOYS HAD BURST INTO THE CHOIR ROOM FOR THEIR PERFORMANCE. Joe, Artie and Blaine all dressed as Tom Cruise in Top Gun as they started their performance of 'Danger Zone' The girls all loving it, laughing at the silliness of it all! When Sam glided into the room in just a white shirt and his socks, followed in quick succession by Jake and Ryder as they embodied Tom Cruise's Joel Goodson from Risky Business, as they sang 'Old Time Rock n'Roll'.

Ruby and the rest of the girls all erupted into screams at the boys who were dancing around in their socks. All of the girls leaning forward to get a closer look before turning and looking at each other, their jaws all on the floor.

The boys were absolutely smashing it, both of their song choices were just too good for Mr Schue not to pick them as his winners. Ruby threw her head back and laughed as the realisation of what her encounter with Sam and Finn must have been about earlier in the week. Her laughter got louder as the boys all started wiggling their bums in front of them.