ix. prom-a-saurus

Series Three. Episode Sixteen. Prom-a-saurus

BLAINE THOUGHT HIS FRIENDS WERE BETRAYING HIM BY NOT BOYCOTTING THE PROM WITH HIM. It was utterly ridiculous for Brittany to ban hair gel and the fact neither Sam or Ruby were taking it seriously annoyed him greatly. "Guys you don't understand I need hair gel and Brit completely banning it from Prom is just ludicrous!"

"You can't look that bad. You're just being dramatic!" Ruby laughed.

"Yeah and who cares anyway, everyone will be caught up in their dates anyway to even look at you. Don't sweat the small stuff dude!" Sam shrugged at the distressed Blaine.

Blaine huffed at his two friends before storming off to his next class, leaving both Sam and Ruby completely tickled at his theatrics this morning. Pulling her next lot of text books out of her locker; she turned to look at her best friend, happy that they were back to how they were last year. A smile on her face as she watched him ponder on what new flavour of chapstick to pick from his locker.

"Hey!" Ruby leaned against the lockers. "Have you decided if you wanted to go to prom this year? I know we have next year for our senior prom but we had fun together last year!"

Sam scratched the back of his neck awkwardly as he looked down at his best friend. They had only just seemed to be back on track and he didn't know how to break the news to her.

"Yeah I'm going to prom but I ehhh..." Sam stumbled over his words. Ruby arched an eyebrow at his strange behaviour, what was wrong with him.

"I told Mercedes that I would go to prom with her a while back. I don't want to look like a jerk and back out. But you have to save me a dance and I'll save you a dance so that means you owe me two dances and yeah I'm totally sorry. Please don't be mad."

Slightly taken a back by everything Sam had just spewed out at an alarmingly fast rate, Ruby nodded in understanding. Yeah it hurt a little bit knowing that he already had a date and it was Mercedes but she wasn't going to get pissy about her again.

She was better than that and she had Santana to focus her angry energy on later if she could feel it flare up in her and needed to vent about the situation. Turns out keeping it all inside isn't good for the soul and Santana was the perfect person to get drunk with and rant about everyone they don't particularly like very much.

"Ohh okay, no that's cool. I might go by myself or you know Puck might still be available but I think I can spare you a dance or two Evans." Ruby spat out with a nervous chuckle before rushing off to her next class.

***

THE PROM WAS IN THREE DAYS AND RUBY STILL DIDN'T HAVE A DATE. If it wasn't the fact that glee club were the prom's entertainment again and she was singing, she would have just stayed at home. She had next year anyway for her senior prom. Ruby was currently in the choir room with Artie discussing their song choice for Prom. 

"I definitely think JT is the way forward! Whatever we pick, we change it up as a duet put in some sick harmonies! Everyone will love it!" Artie beamed

"You might be onto something there Abrams!" Ruby stopped to ponder, "What if we do rock your body? It'll be a bit tongue and cheek, we'll have a laugh and it'll have everyone on their feet!"