xxiv. shooting star

Series Four. Episode Eighteen. Shooting Star.

GLEE CLUB WAS BEING HELD IN THE AUDITORIUM TODAY AND WE NOW HAD MR SHUE BACK FROM DC. Seeing as following the feud, Finn had left and had now enrolled in Ohio Community College to get his teaching degree. Much to Ruby's chagrin that she couldn't see him everyday anymore, she was happy he was finally following his dreams. Having already promised him to visit him this weekend, it was what was getting her through the week at school.

Mr Shue held up an envelope in front of the group, "Here I hold in my hand, ladies and gentlemen. Our competition for Regionals! Drumroll please."  He grinned as everybody began drumming against the nearest surface. Ruby reaching up to drum a beat against Jake's forehead much to his dismay as he slapped her hands away.

"From North Central High School in Indianapolis, the Hoosierdaddies. And from Our Lady of Perpetual Loneliness in Battle Creek, Michigan; the Nun-Touchables!"

Ruby sent a smirk in Kitty's direction before fist bumping Jake. We had this in the bag, easy! "Now I know what you're thinking and I like our chances against both of them but we still have work to do" Mr Schue started before abruptly being interrupted by Brittany.

"Mr Shue, please stop talking. I have an announcement."  She turned and faced everyone. "I regret to inform you a deadly asteroid is heading out way."

"Wait, didn't we go through this at Christmas?" Blaine raised his hand, to make his announcement heard.

"Yeah." Tina spoke slowly as she collected her thoughts, "Didn't you and Sam get engaged?" She furrowed her brow and shared a look of bewilderment with both Kitty and Ruby.

"Shut up Tina!"  She said loudly over her, "I'm naming this comet Tubbington-Bopp and it's heading straight for Lima."

"Wait, so is it an asteroid of a comet?" Artie questioned, just as confused as the rest of them.

"It's both." Brit announced bluntly.

"Wouldn't NASA know something about this?" Marley asked. Ruby pointed at her knowingly, that was a very good point.

"We can't trust NASA. Just last month a meteor exactly like this hit Russia with no warning. When this meteorite hits, I will not be spending any more time in this room preparing for Regionals. I will be spending my last hours making amends with somebody who I need to get right with Lord Tubbington. So go back to your homes and hide your wife, hide your kids and -- hide your wife."

And with that she swept out of the room without another word leaving everyone in glee club completely baffled by what they just witnessed.

***

RUBY SAT IN HER USUAL SEAT IN THE CHOIR ROOM, NEXT TO FINN'S EMPTY CHAIR. She was currently on the phone to him as she waited for everyone to arrive and for Mr Schue to start the meeting. Getting all the gossip from his first few weeks at college.

"Yes, Brittany thinks that the end of the world is coming again. So she's not prepping for Regionals anymore. What isn't there to get Finnlay?!"

"Stop calling me that!"  He groaned down the phone, a laugh erupting from her causing a few heads to turn in her direction.