xxxvi. new directions

Series Five. Episode Thirteen. New Directions.

SUE SYLVESTER HAD GIVEN THE GLEE CLUB AN EXTRA WEEK. Much to the surprise of everyone, what they didn't know was that Sue couldn't bare to see her favourite student break down in her office. Ruby had called in to tell her the good news about her acceptance into Princeton and had ended up crying about how fast everything seemed to have gone and she was struggling with feeling that everything was changing too much, too quickly and she didn't know how everything was going to turn out without Finn by her side.

The least Sue could do despite her hatred for Will Schuester and the New Directions was allow just that little bit of time to come to terms with saying goodbye without physically kicking them out of the door.

Ruby was currently in the choir room with Rachel, Artie and Sam helping to pack up all the trophies when Tina came rushing in, "What are you guys doing?" Tina stuttered as she approached us. Ruby looked up from where she was wrapping bubble wrap around the trophy Artie was holding to see Tina glassy eyed as she watched us.

"Mr Schue wanted us to pack away the trophies before Sue came in and had the Cheerios do it." They watched Tina's lip quiver, "No don't get upset." Rachel warned her as she went to hug the girl. Handing the trophy to Sam, Ruby rushed over to hug the two girls.

"Guys you might want to sit down, I have huge news!" Blaine spat out as himself and Kurt ran into the choir room.

"You guys got married and adopted Russian twin babies? YES!" Sam sputtered out quickly. Ruby looked at her boyfriend funnily; herself, Tina and Rachel identically tilting their heads in utter bafflement.

"I got into NYADA!" Blaine revealed.

"He got into NYADA!" Kurt shouted at the same time.

"OMG!"

"Congratulations!"

"That's amazing!"

The girls all ran to give him a big group hug and squeezing him in excitement! This was amazing, that means we're all going to New York. Well Ruby was going to New Jersey but she was only a hour away!

"Do you know what this means? It means we're all going to New York together!" Tina exclaimed.

"Wooooo!!!" Sam swung the trophy round and knocking Tina to the ground. Everybody gasping as Tina was seeming out cold, why did this always happen to Tina?!

***

TINA SAT SILENTLY IN THE CHOIR ROOM AS THE OTHER SENIORS WERE ORGANISING MUSIC. Having been friends with Tina for four years now, Ruby knew that the silence was worrying. Usually it was a chore to get her to shut up so she knew something was wrong.

"What's up Queen T?"  Ruby smiled at her from the piano.

"I didn't get in Mitzvahs so I guess I'm the only one in this room who's not going to New York." She announced sadly.

"Why? You don't need a college acceptance letter to get over that bridge." Sam said encouragingly as he plonked himself opposite her.