xvii. sadie hawkins

Season Four. Episode Eleven. Sadie Hawkins.

FINN HAD GATHERED THE GLEE CLUB IN THE SCIENCE CLASSROOM FOR THEIR FIRST MEETING OF THE WEEK. He was hoping for a more smooth sailing week that the previous week, as he ushered everyone into the classroom so he could start today's session.

"I want to sit under Uranus!" Sam said enthusiastically, as he eagerly made his way towards the planet. Stopping in their tracks, Blaine and Ruby smirked at each other before giggling to themselves before they went their separate ways; Blaine sitting with Tina and Ruby with Jake.

Coughing to get everyone's attention Finn quickly started the meeting, "So this week it's ladies' choice inspired by the Sadie Hawkins Dance. And every girl will sing to whoever they want to take to the dance."

Ruby looked over her shoulder and looked at Sam, who was already talking to Artie about 'obviously' going with Brittany. Jake followed her eye line and reached the arm that was lying on the back of her chair and pulled her closer to him to speak quietly in her ear. 

"Hey don't sweat it over Blondie. You can go with me if you want?" Jake sent her a smile.

Ruby smiled back, "The girls have got to ask the boys remember?" She smirked, "Anyway I know who wants to ask you and I think you do too. Just don't end up hurting her Puckerman. Cause you know, I'll hurt you too." Ruby whispered nudging him with her shoulder as he gripped her tighter, a laugh escaping him at the meer thought of his best friend's threat.

***

RUBY HAD DECIDED THAT HER BEST OPTION WAS TO ASK FINN TO THE SADIE HAWKINS DANCE. She wasn't entirely sure if she was allowed to take him as he was technically classed as part of the faculty. But she didn't really care and Finn wasn't particularly one to follow the rules anyway so Ruby knew it would all work out fine. 

Everyone was currently making their way into the boy's locker room, quickly taking a seat in between Blaine and Finn, Ruby wished for whatever was about to happen would be over soon before the smell of feet got to her. Finn stood up and stood next to nervous Tina, "So Tina is ready to present her solo and make her choice. Gentlemen, prepare yourselves for Tina Cohen-Chang!"

As everyone's applause rang out, Finn hurried back to take his seat. Ruby leaned in closer before whispering to her best friend, "Do you know who's she's asking?"  But all she got back was a shrug.

Tina started to sing 'I don't know how to love him' from Jesus Christ Superstar and not once did she take her eyes off Blaine. Ruby quickly turned to look at Blaine to see if he had noticed and for the most of it, blissfully unaware as he happily sat and swayed in his seat until he clocked on and started shifting uncomfortably in his seat under her intense stare. Turning to catch Finn's reaction Ruby was greeted by a look of of shock and a pair of wide eyes.

"This is not going to end well!" They both mouthed at each other and taking each other by surprise.

"Jinx!" Ruby mouthed at him with a smirk, which got her a scowl back and a quick shove just as Tina had stopped singing.

"So --  Blaine will you go to the dance with me?"

Scanning the room quickly, Ruby watched the look of confusion and shock creep on all of the boys' faces as they sat in silence, making Ruby guffaw before promptly being slapped on the back by Jake before she could offend Tina.