iv. heart

Series Three. Episode Thirteen. Heart

LOVE WAS IN THE AIR WITHIN THE MCKINLEY HIGH SCHOOL WALLS AND RUBY WAS OVER IT. Everywhere she went she saw couples being all mushy and kissing at their lockers. Heart decorations littering the corridors and classrooms. She already knew that this week's glee club lesson was going to be all about love songs in the week leading up to valentine's day and she was already completely over it. 

She was currently sitting at lunch listening to Puck talk about who he was taking to Sugar's V-Day party at Breadstix and honestly she couldn't have been less interested in what he was saying to the rest of the table if she tried. Even if Artie was sending her a sympathetic glance as Puck rambled on about all these other girls.

"Wait, which one are you gonna take to Sugar's party?" Tina asked confused.

"All of them!" he announced proudly. "The entire sorority. I got a gig cleaning the sorority house pool. I plan on sawing through those chicks like a freakin' sex tornado."

Rory looked at Puck like he was a God, "You're amazing!"

Ruby held up a hand to stop him, "Please don't encourage him. You'll only inflate his already massive ego!"  She rolled her eyes at the two boys either side of her.

"Anyway don't you think it's a little harsh to only be allowed in if you have a date?" Ruby questioned, taking a sip of her water.

"Why girl, you not got a date?" Artie chuckled; trying to lighten the mood.

"No Artie, as a matter of fact I don't. It's okay I'll just stay home, whilst you all have fun! I'll probably just have a movie date with Zac Efron.  He's better than all of your dates!"  she said teased, sending him a grateful smile.

"You can come with me and my sorority girls if you want? I'm sure they'll be happy to invite one more to the party!" Puck leant closer to Ruby with a knowing smirk.

"As amazing as -- that offer sounds Puckerman. Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather sit at home and cry to sad music and ponder on why the one person I want to love me back, in fact does not!"

"You, know -- I love you Princess."

Twisting in her seat; Ruby glanced at Puck who was looking at the brunette fondly. Ruby was very aware of the extent of Puck's statement, she knew the severity of his words even if her friends didn't and reached over to place her hand on top of his, giving it a quick squeeze. The cheerleader was also aware that her friends were watching the pair and witnessing the silent exchange between the 'former' lovers, so quickly changed the subject.

"Anyway who are you taking to the party?"  she asked, turning to Artie.

"Well I haven't asked her yet but I plan on taking Sugar." Artie smugly pushed his glasses back up his nose.

"Woah! Hold on a second. Sugar? No. No Rory is going with Sugar, I'm helping him score the date"  Ruby fought back.

"You two better have an option b because I'm all over it." Artie turned to Rory, "Look as soon as I ask Sugar she's going to say yes... I don't mean to sound mean Irish, but nobody understands anything you say."