xlv. the hurt locker, part two

Series Six. Episode Five. The Hurt Locker, Part Two.

AFTER VOCAL ADRENALINE HAD FINISHED THEIR INVITATIONAL. Completely full pace and just about kicking the New Direction's butts into next week. Ruby watched Rachel and Mr Schue glare at one another, ohhh this was not going to end well at all.

Walking onto the stage Sue congratulated Vocal Adrenaline with as much enthusiasm as she would taking your coffee order before making an announcement to the two remaining glee clubs.

"Vocal Adrenaline everybody. Absolutely breathtaking. I am here to inform all three teams that I Sue Sylvester will be judging this year's McKinley High show choir Invitational."

"What? That's crazy!" Mr Schue jumped up and confronting her.

"I run this school now. My school. My rules. And speaking of rules I would like to outline the rules for this year's Invitationals."

"Wait. You can't change the rules after one team has already performed."  Mr Schue sighed.

"Sure I can. Rule number one, this year's theme is old school. Rule number two, there are no more rules. The Dalton Academy Warblers will perform tomorrow and the New Directions will perform the following day."

"Wait. This is a three day competition?" One of the Warblers asked Sue completely stunned.

"Where will we sleep?" His buddy next to him asked completely baffled by the notion which is Sue Sylvester.

"I imagine you two will sleep inside one another." 

Face palming herself as the words came out of her mouth, Ruby took a look at Rachel and Kurt who looked just as horrified as herself. "I've chosen to extend the Invitational in an effort to give the New Directions enough time to come up with the requisite twelve members. Which is the only show choir rule anyone remembers and yet every year is surprised by." Sue shrugged in shock.

"This is insane. We should all boycott!" Kurt rolled his eyes, not interested in Sue's antics today.

"Oh no no no Porcelain. This is happening. Each team will perform at this Invitational . Even if one show choir's co-director is kidnapped and held against his will causing him to miss the performance."

Kurt, Ruby and Rachel all sat up a little straighter as they leaned further away in unison and in fear at her threatening tone. Sue was definitely up to something, I mean she just threatened Kurt without even blinking. Right, she needed to follow Sue and find out what the hell is going on.

***

LEAPING UP FROM HER SEAT, RUBY EXCUSED HERSELF AND RAN UP ON STAGE IN AN ATTEMPT TO HUNT DOWN SUE. Pushing through the sea of Vocal Adrenaline kids, it seems Sue had made her great escape at quite some speed. Turning to head back to the kids, Ruby bumped into their leader.

"Oh sorry, didn't mean to bump into you. Clint isn't it?"  She said quickly as she looked around for Sue but was stopped before she could leave.

"Yeah, nice to meet you darling, now what's a pretty lady like you doing wandering round back here by herself?"  He smirked.