xxxi. a katy or a gaga

Series Five. Episode Four. A Katy or a Gaga

THE ASSIGNMENT THIS WEEK FOR GLEE CLUB WAS TO DO SOMETHING OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE. Something that wasn't particularly what you would describe as you. Mr Schuester had allocated the artists and now the glee club had split themselves up into Katy's and Gaga's. Those who would describe themselves as more of a Katy Perry had to perform a Lady Gaga number and the Gaga's had to perform a Katy Perry number.

Ruby had found solace in Jake since his brother had left her again, enrolling in the Air Force in Finn's honour. Ruby had no doubt, that despite Puck's lack of obedience for authority that the discipline will do him good and steer him on the right path, now Finn wasn't here to stop him getting into trouble.

With her legs draped across Jake's lap, Ruby's interest in whatever Unique was saying had flown straight out the window of the empty classroom they were in about twenty seconds into whatever rant she was on.  "Hey, do fancy going to Breadstix after school? I kinda fancy that all you can eat $8 pasta special and Sam has football practice, you in?"  Ruby whispered.

"Sure. Not like Marley is wanting to hang out recently anyway so I'm free."  He sent her a sad smile as he turned to the girl next to him.

Ruby jumped, accidentally kicking Jake in the arm when a screwed up paper ball hit her in the face; whipping her head in the direction it came from she found Kitty leaning closer to the pair. "You better not be planning on going to Breadstix without me? I'm not being left to entertain these two!"  She whispered, jabbing her thumb in Tina and Unique's direction.

"Of course not!"  Ruby side eyed Jake. 

"We're going after school Kitty. You in?" Jake invited her.

"Ohh definitely!" Sending the two a grin.

***

MARCHING STRAIGHT DOWN THE RUNWAY THAT HAD BEEN INSTALLED IN THE AUDITORIUM. Sam headed straight for the Gaga's. "Alright Gaga's, I'm taking over this monster ball. Since I'm obviously the edgiest one of the group and as a former teen stripper. I understand the power of performativity."  He announced to the group.

"Yeah but what are they building?"  Ryder gestured to the stage crew.

"The future Ryder! They're building the future. Alright we're gonna get scary and weird and controversial."

"Uhh. Hence the catwalk?" Blaine asked confused.

"We're taking in the audience Blaine. Right in their faces and we're gonna dropkick the forth wall!"

"Are those strobe lights?" Artie looked above them concerned.

"Believe it!" Sam shouted, pointing at him aggressively.

"Because some kids might be epileptic."  He pointed out.

"Is it a seizure or just hardcore next level breakdancing?" Sam shrugged at his friends. Artie and Blaine looked at each other wide eyed before looking at Sam, kind of in fear.

"Come on guys. I need sick ideas if we're gonna impress Bee. This thing has to be so crazy that they're cleared legally clinically insane. It's got be so good that Bee will be so impressed it won't send her running back into the arms of Jake --or  Mike Chang!" He flailed his arms about, "Sorry Marley."