xvi. dynamic duets

Series Four. Episode Seven. Dynamic Duets

FINN HUDSON HAD THE NEW DIRECTIONS ALL TO HIMSELF THIS WEEK. And he was hoping for a smooth sailing week but like always, that didn't seem to go to plan. He needed to change it up and who else was he going to ask for help for a new lesson than his best friend in the entire world.

"I need a different approach Bee. I need to keep them interested and not think I'm totally lame! What should I do?"  Finn paced up and down his room.

"First of all stop. Your pacing is giving me a headache. Second of all, they don't think you're lame!"

Finn stopped his pacing for a second and gave her a look. "Okay. They think you're lame but they won't once they get to know you."

"I need help Ruby!"  He pleaded before throwing himself face down onto his bed.

"Okay stop being so dramatic. What about -- pairing them up with someone they wouldn't usually sing with and have them compete for the best performance. You know a bit of 'Mr Schue's healthy competition' brought the best out in us!" Ruby suggested.

Lifting his head up slowly, Finn took a look at her before jumping up, scaring her a little bit. "Oh my god! You're a genius!"  He gasped dramatically. 

"Yeah I know Hudson, what's your point?" Ruby laughed.

"You've just given me a new lesson idea. Dynamic duets!"  Grabbing the younger girl's head in both hands, Finn smacked a kiss to her Ruby's forehead before running out of his room. Leaving the girl laughing at his behaviour.

***

RUBY SENT FINN A REASSURING SMILE AS HE STOOD IN FRONT OF THE GLEE CLUB. He was already nervous considering what he was wearing, having ditched the cardigan in favour of a yellow cape, inspired by the new 'Secret Society of Superheroes'  that some of the club had recently joined. He was hoping the kids would take his new lesson more seriously and be more interested in what he had to say as their leader.

"So I get it, my first idea was pretty bad. So I decided to try something new --" Finn announced as he made his way to the white board to point at the two words that were written there.

"Dynamic Duets! It's gonna be a lot more fun and it focuses on what you guys actually like -- Superheroes!"

"Wait, so are we all gonna have to wear costumes?" Marley asked as she nervously bit her lip.

"And who are you supposed to be?" Artie pulled the attention away from Marley. "The Bulge? Who makes gym socks disappear?"

"Please don't melt us with your bulge!" Brittany said, covering Ruby's face to shield her from Finn's bulge! Ruby covered her mouth so he wouldn't see her smirk and to try stifle the laugh that was threatening to spill from her lips. His eyes flitted over towards her at the sound of Britt's voice but chose to ignore Brittany's comments.

"No, I'm the almighty Treble Clef. The uniter of glee clubs!"  He said proudly, putting his hands on his hips, in his superhero stance.

"Jesus is the only real almighty superhero." Kitty commented.

"Look at the Avengers. Individually they all have amazing powers but as a team, they can't be stopped. Right now we're all individuals with a great talent but we're not a team."  He pointed out. "Some of you have mortal enemies in this very room allowing the dark side to turn us against one another. When we should be focused on The Warblers."