xxviii. love love love

Series Five. Episode One. Love Love Love

SINCE REGIONALS SAM HAD FINALLY TAKEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO WHAT HE SHOULD HAVE DONE YEARS AGO. Take Ruby on a date. He had taken her on a couple of dates actually but they had agreed they were going to take it slow and not jump straight into being officially boyfriend and girlfriend. I mean it had taken them both this long to get to this point they didn't want to jinx it.

Ruby and Sam had also decided not to tell anybody about their decision to get together, apart from Finn and Santana because well they were the most important people in their lives. That and Santana threatened to disown her if she wasn't told in detail of any new developments.

Today they were going on their third date to the carnival that had been in Lima this past week but were going on a "group date"  with both Kitty and Artie who were pretending they weren't into each other but the new formed 'Rum' knew what was really going down with their friends.

"Hey! You guys ran off and left us. That's not fair, you know Artie can't run!"  Kitty teased; putting her hands on her hips as she stared the two of them down.

"I don't think you can blame us for leaving when you were two were both just giving each other heart eyes!" Ruby raised an eyebrow, matching Kitty by putting her hands on her hips too.

"Were not Carter! How about you and Evans over here!"  She challenged her friend defensively.

"He's nice to look at. Sue me!"  Ruby smirked with a shrug.

Before they could carry on trying to out each other, Artie chimed into the conversation. "Will you two just go on the bumper cars with us? Everyone's there and we're waiting on you two fools to join us!"

Running to the bumper cars, Ruby's laugh echoed in Sam's ear as he pulled her through the crowd, leaving Artie and Kitty stranded by the hot dog cart staring after them.

The New Directions all bundled in to the bumper car arena ready to battle it out. Sam instantly pulling her into the car with him as they set off. Ruby screaming with laugher as Sam whizzed them round and trying his hardest to send Blaine flying out of his car.

Grabbing onto his arm after a particularly hard bump to the back of their car, Ruby spun round to look over her shoulder to find Jake smirking at her. She brought her hand up, pointing at her eyes and then back at Jake as a warning sign. "Ohh it's on Puckerman!" 

"Go get him babe"  She grinned up at the blonde, who smacked a kiss to the top of her temple as he spun the steering wheel as he took after Jake. Ruby couldn't wipe the smile off her face, she couldn't be happier.

*Drive My Car performed by the Artie Abrams, Kitty Wilde & the New Directions*

***

RUBY WAS BUZZING! She was so excited to help start planning Blaine's proposal, so when he explained he wanted the help of the glee club and the help of the few of their friends. She couldn't contain the excitement bubbling inside her as she made her way to the choir room.