l. 2009

Series Six. Episode Twelve. 2009

SITTING IN THE CHOIR ROOM AFTER THEIR SECTIONALS WIN. The members of New Directions were all intrigued as to how to the faculty members in the room had got involved with the glee club in the first place. They obviously knew the basics of how Mr Schuester had rejuvenated what was a very sad looking glee club from the grasp of Sandy Ryerson.

But they wanted to know what had made Rachel, Kurt, Ruby and Sam want to join the glee club. How they came to be friends. Sitting at the front of the choir room, Ruby sat and listened to her friends tell their version of the story of how they landed in this very choir room and unlocking a part of her memories she had totally forgotten about.

***

WALKING DOWN THE HALLS OF MCKINLEY RUBY CARTER FELT COMFORTABLE WITH HER POSITION ON THE FOOD CHAIN. Even though she was only a freshman, she had high connections with some of the popular sophomores and knew she could happily go unnoticed or live a happy high school life without any bother.

For example; her best friend in the entire world Finn Hudson. He was a sophomore, the quarterback of the school football team and the most popular kid in school. She had lived next door to Finn and his mum Carole her entire life and has grown up with Finn as her oldest friend, she didn't know a life without him. So when she started McKinley High; Finn had tucked her straight under his wing and she hadn't had any trouble since she arrived two months ago.

But being best friend's with the quarterback of the school football team brought new people into her life. Quinn Fabray; head cheerleader of the Cheerios and Finn's girlfriend and along with Quinn came the rest of what they call 'The Unholy Trinity'. Santana Lopez and Brittany Pierce, the two best friends who never left each other's sides. 

Ruby liked them, they were nice girls for the majority but she was sure if Finn and Quinn were going to to be long term she'd have plenty of time to turn them from acquaintances into life long friends.

Closing her locker door, Ruby tucked her books for her next period under her arm before starting her journey to the cafeteria for lunch. But her serenity was cut short when she felt her books being pulled from under her arm before an arm fling over her shoulder, pulling her closer to his body.

Looking up, Ruby couldn't help but roll her eyes when she saw that stupid mohawk and decided to carry on walking. When Puck didn't actually strike up a conversation, she knew he'd have that stupid smirk etched on his face. Taking a peek out of her peripheral, turns out Ruby was correct.

"Don't you have someone else to annoy Puckerman? What exactly do you want now?"  Ruby groaned in annoyance.

"What? Can't a guy walk his favourite girl to lunch anymore without being interrogated?"  He said, his tone cocky with a hint of sarcasm. 

Pulling away from his hold, Ruby spun on the balls of her feet to stand in front of him, so there was no way he could misconstrue anything she'd ended up saying to him. "First off. I'm not your girl. So stop calling me that. Secondly; aren't you dating Santana? Just tell me what you want Puck?"  Ruby sighed as she took the expression on his face in.

"Look. You're Finn's best friend. I'm Finn's best friend. I just thought we should actually hang out and become friends seeing as we're going to be around each other a lot. What's wrong with me wanting to get to know you?"