xlii. homecoming

Series Six. Episode Two. Homecoming

HAVING HAD TROUBLE FINDING NEW RECRUITS FOR THE GLEE CLUB. Kurt was feeling a little downcast about the lack of interest even more so since they left the glee club at the top of the social hierarchy at McKinley when they graduated. It seems they truly were back at the bottom of the heap. Having had enough of seeing Kurt so down and also the lack of speed of recruitment, Rachel had put a plan in motion to help recruit new members with some help of some old friends.

"I found the God mic!"  He showed Rachel before re-attaching to the side of Mr Shue's director's table in the auditorium.

Rachel sat down warily, unaware of what way the atmosphere might sway. "Okay I know things got a little crazy earlier and we both said some things about your life that weren't very nice. Well mostly me. Wait, why are you smiling?"  Kurt tone cautious. Rachel was freaking him out.

"Cause you were right."  Kurt's eyebrows raised in shock, he was making a mental note that she just admitted she was wrong. This was one for the books! "About me hiding in here and not being pro-active but when you left yesterday I had an epiphany and I heard a voice!"

"You've found a student?"

"Well not exactly but I heard him. At least I think it's a him!"

"Ohhh let's not label or judge."  Kurt shrugged.

"The point is, is that you're right about everything. They're out there. They're here right now in McKinley, hiding in plain sight they just need something huge to draw them out to show them what they can be. So I got on the phone." Rachel trailed off.

"With who?" 

The lights on stage clicked on to reveal Mercedes, Brittany and Santana. "With everyone!"  Santana shouted, causing Kurt to turn around. "Surprise!" Brittany grinned.

As Kurt and Rachel made their way down to greet everyone on stage Sam and Artie became visible as they joined them. Ruby sat on Artie's lap, her arms wide as they rolled on. Santana instantly pulling the younger girl off of Artie's lap and pulled her into her awaiting arms. "I missed you so much!"  Santana whispered as she squeezed Ruby tight.

Puck and Quinn were next to arrive and pulling everyone into a welcoming hug. Making her rounds; Quinn let go of Ruby to hug Santana which left her to see Noah Puckerman.

Stepping forward Puck opened his arms and Ruby couldn't help but grin back at him as she rushed into his warm embrace, his laughter making her body shake as he wrapped her up in his arms, Ruby's legs wrapping firmly around his middle as they reunited. "How's my best girl been? Heard I might need to kick some butt?!"  He smirked at her but she just shook her head at him. 

Pressing a kiss to the crown of her head the pair made their way to the rest of the group as they all rallied together. "The whole gang is back to reboot the glee club!"  Rachel exclaimed happily.

"Damn it you guys, you said you'd wait until I parked the rental car."  Tina shouted as skidded out of the wings. Everybody dropped their arms from one another as the circle stepped apart and looked at Tina with a teasing groan. 

It wasn't until everyone started to chant 'Tina' and Tina rushed into Puck's arms first that Ruby realised she realised she was tucked neatly under Sam's arm. Looking up slowly she found the handsome man already looking at her and she returned a shy smile before turning her attention back to Puck and stepped away from him. What she missed as she spoke to the newly formed Quick was the smile fall off her ex's face as her attention fell to her other ex.