xxiii. guilty pleasures

Series Four. Episode Seventeen. Guilty Pleasures.

BLAINE WATCHED HIS TWO FRIENDS FROM HIS LOCKER, HE WAS HAPPY THEY WERE FINALLY BACK ON GOOD TERMS. He didn't want to interrupt but he couldn't keep what he knew to himself anymore, so he marched on over to Ruby and Sam. He had to get something off his chest.

"Here, don't tell anyone and you don't have to thank me." Blaine pushed fifty dollars into Sam's hand.

Confused, Sam looked at Ruby who looked as equally as confused at the gesture. "Blaine. What are you doing?" She asked in a whisper.

"It's only fifty bucks. Just take the money. I know what you've both been up to and it just has to stop."

"What are you talking about?" Sam leant closer to his best friend, so the rest of the students couldn't heat there.

"Last week, I found a shortcut between my locker and the parking lot. Walking through the cafeteria cuts fifteen seconds from my daily routine. And yesterday I saw something. I know you're Dad's been struggling and I just want to help out. Hunger is a big problem in this country. Although, so is obesity, which is confusing. I know Ruby has always helped you out but I can't sit back and watch this anymore."

Ruby and Sam both shared a look before turning to a distressed looking Blaine. "Okay, can you promise to keep a secret?"

Confirming he could with a short nod. "I'm helping him steal pasta, but it's not for dinner." Blaine looked at them both confused, he didn't get it. What they were both getting at?

"It's art." He took Blaine by the hand and dragged him towards the art room. Blaine quickly grabbed Ruby's hand and yanked her down the corridor after the two boys.

"So what do you think?" Upon entering the art room, Blaine dropped Ruby's hand as Sam took his hands away from his eyes and stepped away from them and towards the artwork in awe. "Are these macaroni portraits?" He spun back to look at him with wide eyes.

"They're my guilty pleasure."

"His art teacher thinks he's some sort of genius!" Ruby shrugged.

"Is this Emma Stone?"  He pointed at the first portrait.

"Yeah and then you've got Leann Rimes, those are the guys off Duck Dynasty, there's Bee -- and I even did one of Kurt."

Too caught up in how lifelike the portraits were, how he had managed to capture Ruby's beauty in pasta he almost missed Sam say Kurt's name. "The macaroni really captures him." The two friends shared a warm smile before Blaine turned back towards them.

"Thank you for sharing this with me. It's really incredible."

"Woah, not so fast! Now it's your turn."

"My turn for what?" Blaine asked confused.

"Your guilty pleasure." said Ruby.

"I don't have guilty pleasures."  He brushed them off.

"You're lying. Everybody's got that one thing that they like that they're ashamed of that they refuse to admit it to anybody."